+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss close to bringing 'three or four' players in

Blue in the Face

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss close to bringing 'three or four' players in

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss close to bringing 'three or four' players in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39837455

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says he is close to bringing "three or four" players in by the start of June.

The Bluebirds won 3-0 at promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town on Sunday as they finished the season in the top half of the Championship table.

Kenneth Zohore and a Joe Bennett brace gave them the win against the Terriers.

"I've agreed a couple of fringe players but I'm looking to sign three or four players to add to that squad in the next few weeks," Warnock said.

Speaking to BBC Radio Wales, Warnock continued: "It might be the beginning of June because you can't really move that quick nowadays but it won't be for lack of trying.

"I think we could get three or four players in that squad in the team, I think the future is very bright."

The Bluebirds has been in 23rd place in the Championship when Warnock arrived but they ended the season in 12th place as their fortunes were turned around.

Forest and Blackburn's loss

Warnock said Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers' loss was Cardiff's gain after he interviewed for both the Championship strugglers this season.

Forest survived on the final day of the season while former Premier League winners Blackburn will begin next season in League One.

"When you go to a club that were second from bottom, it's fair to say when I arrived, it wasn't a very good situation," he added.

"I had interviews at Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers so today I just wonder what they're thinking because I had good interviews but they went elsewhere. **** em. Hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha.

"That is Cardiff's gain, really. I'm enjoying every minute of it. The fans have been fabulous and I think I've turned the club around."

Re: Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss close to bringing 'three or four' players in

He don't mind bigging himself up

Blue in the Face

Re: Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss close to bringing 'three or four' players in

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    He just has no filter at all. Neil also loves conflict in any form. Nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    He just has no filter at all. Neil also loves conflict in any form. Nutter.
    Top fella, hopefully his drive ,desire, confidence ,aggression and honesty will feed into our promotion winning team next year.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Top fella, hopefully his drive ,desire, confidence ,aggression and honesty will feed into our promotion winning team next year.
    The club lacked a dominant voice of logic for some time. The pros far outweigh the cons.

Just hope he is ergonomic on recruitment and nails the next transfer window. Feel he's signed players for the sake of it at his clubs in the past of it in the past. His (little) transfer activity at Cardiff hasn't been perfect.

But he's definitely the type of manager to unlock potential. Hope he can unearth some young gems with potential and senior pros that fit his style and temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    The thing is, he's got the ability to back it up hasn't he. I actually look forward to his press conferences as he always has something to say. Three really aren't that many managers you can say that for.