+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whitts has to stay.

Re: Whitts has to stay.

Warnock coming in and talking about a promotion push for next season has caused a bit of excitement. Imagine if we were also going for it so Whitts can have one last medal?

I am not ruling out saying beyond next year, with a contract that works for both parties, but really want to see him have one more highlight here.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    "When Whitts has not been on the pitch Zohore has been largely frustrated."

Actually, if you look at the stats, I think you'll find that Zohore causes far more problems when Whittingham is not playing and the ball is played through to him more quickly.

StT.
    <><
    Goal v Preston springs to mind although a tad lucky assist by Whitts.

I'm pretty certain that quite a few of Zohore's goals have been the result of a build up involving Whitts.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Although father time is catching up he remains one of the most composed players in the squad.

One of his best performances recently was in the advanced midfield position spraying the ball around accurately at will.

Zohore will be even better if he can rely upon decent regular service from central mid.

When Whitts has not been on the pitch Zohore has been largely frustrated.

There is not enough money to find someone better than Whitts.

He deserves at least one more year on a similar contract to what he has now.
    Whitts' value to the club is what the club feel his contribution will be now. Not based on former glories. Yes, we can be all misty-eyed, but like it or not, football is a business. Whitts should be offered, for the financial good of the club, a contract based on how many games he's likely to play, how often he's likely to start etc. If he was high up in the pecking order, then he deserves a top contract. He's not any longer. I would like him to stay. I think he has a bit part to offer.

PS, Zohore has scored 8 goals when Whittingham hasn't been on the pitch, compared with 4 when he has. Number of assists from Whittingham when he has played? 1.