+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whitts has to stay.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Whitts has to stay.

Although father time is catching up he remains one of the most composed players in the squad.

One of his best performances recently was in the advanced midfield position spraying the ball around accurately at will.

Zohore will be even better if he can rely upon decent regular service from central mid.

When Whitts has not been on the pitch Zohore has been largely frustrated.

There is not enough money to find someone better than Whitts.

He deserves at least one more year on a similar contract to what he has now.

Re: Whitts has to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Although father time is catching up he remains one of the most composed players in the squad.

One of his best performances recently was in the advanced midfield position spraying the ball around accurately at will.

Zohore will be even better if he can rely upon decent regular service from central mid.

When Whitts has not been on the pitch Zohore has been largely frustrated.

There is not enough money to find someone better than Whitts.

He deserves at least one more year on a similar contract to what he has now.
    Sometimes he looks great, sometimes the game passes him by. I'd love him to stay but not if his wages stops a new member of the squad.

I agree, but I don't think it will happen.

Blue in the Face

Need to wait and see. Whitts's agent will now find his worth in the market over the next few weeks. Warnock and co will have to make a decision on how to strike the balance with the playing squad in line with the finances.

He's probably able to demand decent Championship wages still. But can we afford to pay that for a player who isn't likely to be a starter for our current manager's style of play? I would say not. I can't escape the thought that just does not suit an ideal Neil Warnock team.

The club needs to be ruthless enough to let him move on if the financial jigsaw doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Need to wait and see. Whitts's agent will now find his worth in the market over the next few weeks. Warnock and co will have to make a decision on how to strike the balance with the playing squad in line with the finances.

He's probably able to demand decent Championship wages still. But can we afford to pay that for a player who isn't likely to be a starter for our current manager's style of play? I would say not. I can't escape the thought that just does not suit an ideal Neil Warnock team.

The club needs to be ruthless enough to let him move on if the financial jigsaw doesn't fit.
    Sadly, i agree. Good post.

Sorry, and very sadly sorry, he has to go , we must move on and look to the future ,and seek an alternative midfield solution .

Over the years ,this board and fans alike have talked about the accute problems in midfield ,and he is part of that.

Banned

Lacks passion so it's a get rid of from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Bit harsh that
    Passion isnt based on how much younrun around like a lunatic
    Hes class

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sorry, and very sadly sorry, he has to go , we must move on and look to the future ,and seek an alternative midfield solution .

Over the years ,this board and fans alike have talked about the accute problems in midfield ,and he is part of that.
    He has the most goals (7)and assists(7) out of all our midfield players , I'd like him to stay

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Bit harsh that
    Passion isnt based on how much younrun around like a lunatic
    Hes class
    Seems a shame not to let you boys to it on this one. Should be lively

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Yes, he has been part of the 'acute' midfield problems, but he is still the Pirlo of the team. In a better equipped midfield with a Kavanaghesque like enforcer to do the graft - then it may be possible for lots more from Whitts.

I'd hate to see him go to someone like Swansea Town or Bristol City and perform to his potential again.

As they have now secured their league status a move to Newport County for a year or so would be good for Whitts to continue his playing career as well as learn the ropes as a coach before stepping back in to a senior role at Cardiff City in a couple of years having gained the necessary experience, whilst staying in an area he obviously loves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As they have now secured their league status a move to Newport County for a year or so would be good for Whitts to continue his playing career as well as learn the ropes as a coach before stepping back in to a senior role at Cardiff City in a couple of years having gained the necessary experience, whilst staying in an area he obviously loves.
    Not sure if you are serious , but Whitts is way to good for that level and how would they afford his wages?

I'd take genuine quality over PASHUN any day

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Not sure if you are serious , but Whitts is way to good for that level and how would they afford his wages?
    Totally serious, get his coaching qualifications, keep him in the area. Bring him back in in a year or so, win/ win

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    ^^ this.
    You must be mad. Peter Whittingham, playing for tinpot county on little more than a ploughed field! I'd rather see him retire. I reckon there would be no shortage of Championship teams keen to get their hands on a player of Whitts experience.

Totally serious, get his coaching qualifications, keep him in the area. Bring him back in in a year or so, win/ win
    Lay off the meths, Nick.

Where would he go? It would be like Lampard joing Man City in his twilight years before going to America.

I hope he stays on reduced terms and helps us to one more go at the play-offs.

I hope he stays, but on a reduced contract. I know that might be hard for him to accept, but who else is going to come in and offer him silly money?
    He's a club legend, and deserves to end his career with us. I just can't see him as starting every game exit season.

What coaching attributes does Whittingham hold. He has a magical left foot but he's not someone I would want coaching me

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What coaching attributes does Whittingham hold. He has a magical left foot but he's not someone I would want coaching me
    I bet he could teach you a thing or two on Fifa 06

"When Whitts has not been on the pitch Zohore has been largely frustrated."

Actually, if you look at the stats, I think you'll find that Zohore causes far more problems when Whittingham is not playing and the ball is played through to him more quickly.

StT.
    <><

Peter will leave in the summer. All good things come to an end. We will miss him and he will probably come back to embarrass us next season whoever he plays for.