+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Misconceptions about Cardiff City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Misconceptions about Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You've got no chance of changing peoples idea of cardiff games being filled with hooligans.

I can remember offering my liverpool supporting friend a ticket in the premier league to watch his own team.

He said no because he didnt want to get stabbed...
    Find this amazing in this day and age. Has there ever been a crowd problem at the new ground??? Maybe the odd away fans who still think Cardiff represents a big away day....it's not though is it....don't think I've ever felt so safe in all my life as when I go to the ccs.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Find this amazing in this day and age. Has there ever been a crowd problem at the new ground??? Maybe the odd away fans who still think Cardiff represents a big away day....it's not though is it....don't think I've ever felt so safe in all my life as when I go to the ccs.
    We know there is barely any trouble. They're basing their opinion on cardiff fans on youtube videos and peoples ideas of the club from decades ago.

Word of mouth from people that support english clubs and other welsh teams as well.

Cardiff fans = bad. Swansea fans = good guys. Was how it was looked at in my high school in the valleys.

Nothing much factual about the opinion really given many of the english clubs have worse recent histories than ourselves.

Swansea fans carry on banging on about us being "scum", no questions asked. That opinion is getting pretty thin now. No arrests at the last derby if I am correct?.

A few more years in the premier league would do wonders for our image I think. Obviously!.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 09-05-17 at 11:27.

I went to a game last year with friends and Children, I bought the tickets, and everybody was amazed at the price. I got them off e-ticketing. We parked in gol, had a drink before the match. Watched the game, had a McDonalds after the game and strolled back to the car to drive away with no traffic. Great time was had by all.

That was mainly because I had the knowledge of all this before had. Speaking to my mate he had no idea about the pricing, had no idea on how to buy tickets, he has heard they have membership systems at the club so didn’t know if you had to be a member to buy tickets. He didn’t know the area so he had no idea where to park and he heard that you couldn’t park in the stadium. So all in all it put him off going.

These are all misconceptions, but the club needs to be more open if it wants to attract the fan who wants a day out at the football