+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Noble died

Peter Noble died

I was only thinking about him the other day and I've just read he died. He always seemed to stand out. Perhaps that was partly because he was a bit bald. He was one of those players - like Howard Kendal - who looked very skillful and capable but who just lacked the extra speed needed to be an international.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Noble

Re: Peter Noble died

I remember him more when he was at Swindon Town, with Don Rogers & Rod Thomas in what was a very good side. Great player. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I remember him more when he was at Swindon Town, with Don Rogers & Rod Thomas in what was a very good side. Great player. RIP.
    Yes, I too remember him as being part of that successful Swindon side. The one that defeated Arsenal in the 1969 League Cup Final. Wasn't Frankie Burrows part of that team too?

R.I.P Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yes, I too remember him as being part of that successful Swindon side. The one that defeated Arsenal in the 1969 League Cup Final. Wasn't Frankie Burrows part of that team too?

R.I.P Peter
    Burrows was in the League Cup Final team. Third Division teams like Swindon and QPR, in 1967, could beat First Division teams in Cup Finals in those days, but it couldn't happen now. That Swindon team was probably a big weaker than the team they had a few years earlier with Don Rogers, Mike Summerbee, Earnie Hunt and Bobby Woodruff.

RIP ,saw him play several times.