+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should we offer Hoilett a contract?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 59.09%
  • No

12 27.27%
  • Wait until later in the transfer window

6 13.64%

Thread: Junior Hoilett - Should we offer a contract?

Blue in the Face

Junior Hoilett - Should we offer a contract?

There was a WOL report back in February that Hoilett was due to extend his contract, but I'm fairly certain that no contract extension has been confirmed.

I'm sure Junior won't want to get into a situation like last season where his agent seemingly priced him out of the market for most of the season, with what we can assume would've been Premier League wage demands.

Should we extend Hoilett's contract? Has he improved us? Even if his demands are in the 20k p/w region? Can we do better with the money by looking elsewhere?

Re: Junior Hoilett - Should we offer a contract?

Depends on wages, is a good player at this level when he turns up, but that hasn't been often enough to warrant big money

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    There was a WOL report back in February that Hoilett was due to extend his contract, but I'm fairly certain that no contract extension has been confirmed.

I'm sure Junior won't want to get into a situation like last season where his agent seemingly priced him out of the market for most of the season, with what we can assume would've been Premier League wage demands.

Should we extend Hoilett's contract? Has he improved us? Even if his demands are in the 20k p/w region? Can we do better with the money by looking elsewhere?
    Provided NW thinks the wages aren't silly, yes. He's a good player and if we move on Noone and/or Pilks, we need some continuity. I think he will sign, NW has said as much.

He doesn't actually produce much. Poor passer and shocking finisher.

Yes i think we should definitely offer him a new contract. I think he'll be a big player for us next season with a good pre season under his belt. I can't sign the poll though on my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He doesn't actually produce much. Poor passer and shocking finisher.
    He puts more balls over the bar than your average rugby player.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    He puts more balls over the bar than your average rugby player.
    Or high jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Or high jumper.
    Like that Russian one, who caught his on the crossbar, Ivor Bollockoff

Depends on cost. Ideally you don't want to change 7/8 players over a summer and it may be that Hoilet's wage demands are well worth his experience and pace. I can't imagine a previously unattached player demanding such great wages and I would say that Warnock clearly sees enough in him to trust him on a regular basis - I expect him to stay.

What was the game where he played in a 4-2-3-1 and he played quite central? He looked at his best there.

Try and get Tom Lawrence back down here,had an outstanding season. Keep Juinior as well, move on Noone and Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Try and get Tom Lawrence back down here,had an outstanding season. Keep Juinior as well, move on Noone and Pilkington.
    Agreed.