+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I am still expecting problems based on everything I have read online, such as being told that I could easily have removed the tow bar, that the cameras are not designed to pick out anything other than the digits/letters on the number plate etc.
    At the end of the day though I have a number of different things, albeit individually small, that mount up to fair argument IMHO that the car being photographed is not mine.
    The crunch will come if the safety camera units refuse to accept my reasons for the car not being mine & proceed with prosecuting me in court.
    How much did the camera pick out in your case? If there was a distinctive decal just to one side of the reg plate would it have picked it out? Just asking, because your dilemma has prompted me to try the decal idea.

It is absurd that anyone would try to argue that you may have removed the tow bar before the alleged speeding took place and then put it back on afterwards! It's not exactly a 5 minute job and why would you do that?

What I meant is that the camera system is designed to get a clear picture of the number plate & not necessarily capture the driver as well, if the picture is of the front of the car.
    The first picture shows the whole of the front of my car but you cannot see anyone sat in the front of the car driving even though you can clearly see the steering wheel.
    It is as if the car is totally driverless.
    The other picture shows the whole of the back of my car.
    In both cases the registration on the number plate is crystal clear but there is no sign in either picture of the dealers details which were printed across the plate under the numbers & letters.
    I would have thought that as the pictures are so clear everything on the plate would show up, dealers details, side badge etc but I don"t know ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    What I meant is that the camera system is designed to get a clear picture of the number plate & not necessarily capture the driver as well, if the picture is of the front of the car.
    The first picture shows the whole of the front of my car but you cannot see anyone sat in the front of the car driving even though you can clearly see the steering wheel.
    It is as if the car is totally driverless.
    The other picture shows the whole of the back of my car.
    In both cases the registration on the number plate is crystal clear but there is no sign in either picture of the dealers details which were printed across the plate under the numbers & letters.
    I would have thought that as the pictures are so clear everything on the plate would show up, dealers details, side badge etc but I don"t know ?
    I think that is a fairly simple question to answer, have you put your predicament on pepipoo ?

It would be a very clever camera that only picked up number plates and nothing else. They will pick up your reg number even if you have illegal "show" plates on your car.