+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

What I meant is that the camera system is designed to get a clear picture of the number plate & not necessarily capture the driver as well, if the picture is of the front of the car.
    The first picture shows the whole of the front of my car but you cannot see anyone sat in the front of the car driving even though you can clearly see the steering wheel.
    It is as if the car is totally driverless.
    The other picture shows the whole of the back of my car.
    In both cases the registration on the number plate is crystal clear but there is no sign in either picture of the dealers details which were printed across the plate under the numbers & letters.
    I would have thought that as the pictures are so clear everything on the plate would show up, dealers details, side badge etc but I don"t know ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    What I meant is that the camera system is designed to get a clear picture of the number plate & not necessarily capture the driver as well, if the picture is of the front of the car.
    The first picture shows the whole of the front of my car but you cannot see anyone sat in the front of the car driving even though you can clearly see the steering wheel.
    It is as if the car is totally driverless.
    The other picture shows the whole of the back of my car.
    In both cases the registration on the number plate is crystal clear but there is no sign in either picture of the dealers details which were printed across the plate under the numbers & letters.
    I would have thought that as the pictures are so clear everything on the plate would show up, dealers details, side badge etc but I don"t know ?
    I think that is a fairly simple question to answer, have you put your predicament on pepipoo ?

It would be a very clever camera that only picked up number plates and nothing else. They will pick up your reg number even if you have illegal "show" plates on your car.

What is "pepipoo" ?
    BTW I have been looking at my online banking this morning & I have a debit card transaction for the day of the offence from a cafe in St Davids.
    Again not a cast iron alibi on it"s own but evidence that on the day of the alleged first speeding offence I had lunch 130 miles away from where the supposed offence occurred.

OK I have found "pepipoo" online, registered & raised a thread.
    I filled in the "NIP Wizard" form & got the answer "If you can show that after reasonable diligence you have been unable to determine the identity of the driver, you will not be guilty of S172 failure to provide"
    I think that with all that I have done that I have indeed shown "reasonable diligence" in trying to determine who was driving.

I'm really keen to hear how this goes. It really angers me that on the one hand you get rich people able to afford the services of that Nick Freeman who would most likely get these "offences" thrown out, meanwhile the ordinary bloke in the street is denied justice.

Agreed.
    This has been playing on my mind since I received the fine as although I know that I definitely have not committed the offence things that I have read online suggest that I could still be found guilty & that if I do not accept the fine I could end up with more points, a bigger fine & court costs than if I just pleaded guilty

OK I have found "pepipoo" online, registered & raised a thread.
    I filled in the "NIP Wizard" form & got the answer "If you can show that after reasonable diligence you have been unable to determine the identity of the driver, you will not be guilty of S172 failure to provide"
    I think that with all that I have done that I have indeed shown "reasonable diligence" in trying to determine who was driving.
    The people who post on there are ex police officers , judges, speeding experts.

I took advice from a policeman , that I had a brilliant case, when two knob policemen came right up behind me one dark evening blinding me in a normal police car. He advised I fight the case as they had no way of measuring my speed , the story is of course a bit more involved. I sent my letter in pleading not guilty , went on pepipoo registered my case. My defense was torn to shreds , had to get a solicitor who cost a fortune, had a fine 5 times the usual FFP was lucky to escape with the usual 3 points.

What is "pepipoo" ?
    BTW I have been looking at my online banking this morning & I have a debit card transaction for the day of the offence from a cafe in St Davids.
    Again not a cast iron alibi on it"s own but evidence that on the day of the alleged first speeding offence I had lunch 130 miles away from where the supposed offence occurred.

What was the time difference between your debit card transaction in St David's and the speeding offence?
    Just a thought.

Agreed.
    This has been playing on my mind since I received the fine as although I know that I definitely have not committed the offence things that I have read online suggest that I could still be found guilty & that if I do not accept the fine I could end up with more points, a bigger fine & court costs than if I just pleaded guilty
    Justice will prevail.

Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    What was the time difference between your debit card transaction in St David's and the speeding offence?
    Just a thought.
    There is no time on my online bank statement just the date of the transaction but iirc it would have been about 12 noon so about 1 hour before the supposed offence.

If you accepted guilt you would also have increased insurance premiums for five years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Just a thought.
    They will just say he's given his card to someone else to use. It's only creditable evidence if it's prosecuting evidence. I kid you not.

UPDATE :
    After taking advice I have written to the safety camera unit stating that my car was locked on my drive with the keys locked in my house & that no one had access to the car at the time of the alleged offence & that I do not believe that the car in their photo is mine.
    I included photo"s of my car as proof.
    I did not return the S172 form as I cannot legally put any details down on it as I was not the driver & I do not know who the driver was as it was not my car.
    I have informed DVLA & the Police that I believe that my car has been cloned & included that information along with the ref numbers the Police gave me in the letter.
    I am now waiting for a reply from the safety camera unit.
    I will be surrendering my registration to the DVLA & getting a new one.

Good for you. Keep us posted

Well done. Don't let the bast Ards grind you down.

Your username now seems ironic

Good Solicitor....get the 2 matters heard in the same Court on application. You will have to give evidence. The first more provable defence will cast doubt on the second. If you win...your costs can be claimed back from the Crown....if you lose then disaster as per previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengs View Post
    Good Solicitor....get the 2 matters heard in the same Court on application. You will have to give evidence. The first more provable defence will cast doubt on the second. If you win...your costs can be claimed back from the Crown....if you lose then disaster as per previous posts.
    It's so unfair. We clearly have a two-tier justice system in this country.

Justice for those who can afford it.

I have today received a letter from the South Wales Safety Camera Unit confirming that my speeding prosecution has been cancelled !
    My car registration number has been put on the Police National Computer Automatic Number Recognition Database.
    I have today sent a copy of this letter to the Bristol Safety Camera Unit & hope to get that prosecution cancelled also.

I have today received a letter from the South Wales Safety Camera Unit confirming that my speeding prosecution has been cancelled !
    My car registration number has been put on the Police National Computer Automatic Number Recognition Database.
    I have today sent a copy of this letter to the Bristol Safety Camera Unit & hope to get that prosecution cancelled also.
    Another victory for CCMB.

Great news! Both tickets cancelled then?

Good news, and thanks for the uPdAte. Hope they manage to nab the cloner

Congratulations on this and thanks for sharing your story. I didn't even think that cloning cars was a thing until this thread was created.

Every day is a school day

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Congratulations on this and thanks for sharing your story. I didn't even think that cloning cars was a thing until this thread was created.

Every day is a school day
    Yeah it's been enlightening and not to mention pretty scary. I hope, after all that hard work, that the outcome is as it should be and everything is cancelled.

The thread that keeps on giving ....

Fingers crossed on the 2nd ticket.

Top result