A question for you fonts of all knowledge.
I bought a new car (second hand from a dealers) 4 weeks ago.
Had it for about 10 days then went away for 5 days in my campervan leaving the car on the drive.
A couple of days after returning I received a speeding fine (NIP) through the post.
The alleged offence was committed in Cardiff whilst I was away (57mph in a 50mph zone) in the camper.
I contacted the safety camera unit & explained that I had been away at the time & requested the photograph they had to prove I was not driving.
The photo arrived & doesn"t show the driver just the front of the car & the number plate, which is the same reg as mine.
I contacted the safety camera unit again & was told that if I was not driving I must supply the drivers details.
As far as I am concerned the car was on my drive & I do not believe anyone was driving it.
The NIP clearly states that if I furnish a false statement I am liable to a £2000 fine.
Now I can"t say I was driving the car as I wasn"t, but cannot give the alleged drivers details as as far as I am concerned it hadn"t been driven whilst I was away.
The camera unit have informed me that if I don"t provide the drivers details I will be charged with obstructing the police by refusing to name the driver which will mean more points, bigger fine & court costs.
On Saturday just gone I received another speeding fine, this time for 36mph in a 30mph zone in Bristol.
At the time of this alleged offence I was home for the day & again the car was on the drive.
Any idea what I can do