+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

From what you have said do you think that your car could have been cloned?

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car...s-car-cloning/

I would report it to the police & ask them if this could have happened i.e. prompt them to investigate this as opposed to them maybe thinking that you are merely trying to wriggle out of a speeding fine. Maybe worth also speaking to the DVLA & asking a few questions there i.e. were there any issues with the car before you bought it.

If you have little/no joy then, as has already been suggested on here, I would seek immediate legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    From what you have said do you think that your car could have been cloned?

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car...s-car-cloning/

I would report it to the police & ask them if this could have happened i.e. prompt them to investigate this as opposed to them maybe thinking that you are merely trying to wriggle out of a speeding fine. Maybe worth also speaking to the DVLA & asking a few questions there i.e. were there any issues with the car before you bought it.

If you have little/no joy then, as has already been suggested on here, I would seek immediate legal advice.
    Actually I have read that article already.
    Unfortunately every case I have read of of people who have done that have still been found guilty & ended up with more points a larger fine & court costs than a small fine & a few points if they had admitted guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Actually I have read that article already.
    Unfortunately every case I have read of of people who have done that have still been found guilty & ended up with more points a larger fine & court costs than a small fine & a few points if they had admitted guilt.
    In that case I would seek immediate legal advice as you don't know how long this will go on for. I take it from above that you have checked your car insurance but have you also checked your home insurance to see it it includes legal expenses cover? If so the insurer will normally have a 24 hour helpline, maybe worth ringing them first to get some advice & also see if you are covered. If not well worth biting the bullet & contacting a solicitor - some may offer an initial free consultation.