+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I would go as far as saying you would like to report two crimes
    I quite like this idea of reporting two crimes. Would the Police be prepared to log them as crimes I wonder.

I have today fitted new plates to my car (ordered yesterday arrived today) with a Welsh flag on the left hand side & taken a photograph of the plates on the car with today"s Echo at the side of the plate for date confirmation.
    I have sent my V5 in to the DVLA with a covering letter stating that I want a new registration as I believe my car has been cloned.
    I have returned the first NIP (speeding fine) signed & dated but with no information filled in on it with a covering letter stating that I was on holiday at the time of the alleged offence, my wife will confirm that, that my car was on drive, that to the best of my knowledge no one drove the car & that I believe the car in their picture is a clone.
    I have also told them that I have received another ticket that I believe is down to a clone of my car & that I have applied to the DVLA to have a new registration issued due to my concerns.
    I will now wait & see what their reply is.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I have today fitted new plates to my car (ordered yesterday arrived today) with a Welsh flag on the left hand side & taken a photograph of the plates on the car with today"s Echo at the side of the plate for date confirmation.
    I have sent my V5 in to the DVLA with a covering letter stating that I want a new registration as I believe my car has been cloned.
    I have returned the first NIP (speeding fine) signed & dated but with no information filled in on it with a covering letter stating that I was on holiday at the time of the alleged offence, my wife will confirm that, that my car was on drive, that to the best of my knowledge no one drove the car & that I believe the car in their picture is a clone.
    I have also told them that I have received another ticket that I believe is down to a clone of my car & that I have applied to the DVLA to have a new registration issued due to my concerns.
    Keep us posted - interesting dilemma (but a worry for you no doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Good on you for not rolling over and taking the fines when you weren't responsible for them.

Ultimately they've now got a responsibility to investigate it - if they don't then you're well within your rights to refuse to acknowledge the charges.