Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
The only possible difference I can see from the photo I have is that on my front plate the dealers name is below the reg where as there is nothing below the plate in the photo.
However again this could just be how these photos come out (I have never seen one before) & could be due to flash/glare ?
The colour of the car in the photo is slightly different to the colour of mine but again this could be due to light/flash/glare as the car is a dark brown metallic although to me it looks dark grey metallic & in the photo it looks a slightly lighter grey metallic.
When number plates are issued , the name of the supplying garage or shop is put below the number plate . The supplying garage has to take a copy of the V5 and the log book . I would ask if you can have a better quality photo as the fact there doesn't appear to be a supplier on the speeding photos would show they were not yours . If you can prove you were camping that should be enough to clear your name .
You can buy "show" plates on line . It is a way of getting round the number plate law.

I had a similar experience with one of our courtesy cars where we hadn't registered someone driving it , as a limited company they couldn't issue points but they did hand out a whopping £700 fine .