+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Excellent news. Must be a massive relief

Yes it had been playing on my mind ever since I got the first ticket.
    The more I read about the problems with cloned registrations & the almost impossible task of winning in court should the Police decide to follow through with prosecution the more I was thinking that I would either have to take points for offences I hadn"t committed or risk a worse outcome in court.
    The forum I joined (pepipoo), as suggested by Jimmy the Jock, were very helpful & reckon that as I got a letter from the Safety Camera Unit dated 24 hours after they had received my letter that
    "The notice wouldn't have been cancelled without checks on the national ANPR systems which will have satisfied them that there are indeed 2 vehicles driving around with the same VRM (likely 2 hits at roughly the same time far enough apart in distance not to be the same one)"

Really good news but still worrying the amount of time and cost you've incurred just to prove something you are innocent of. This could be any of us.

I am very relieved but at the end of the day even though I didn"t commit the offences I think that it is more luck than anything else that the Police have decided to cancel the prosecution.
    I have read about cases where the accused has had much more & stronger evidence than me that they were innocent & they have still lost their cases.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I am very relieved but at the end of the day even though I didn"t commit the offences I think that it is more luck than anything else that the Police have decided to cancel the prosecution.
    I have read about cases where the accused has had much more & stronger evidence than me that they were innocent & they have still lost their cases.
    Really pleased you had the correct result. I have been wondering whether to buy a dashcam, your dilemma has convinced me to go and get one tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mad as a fish; 18-05-17 at 19:03. Reason: Typo

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Really pleased you had the correct result. I have been wondering whether to buy a dashcam, your dilemma has convinced me to go and get one tomorrow.
    How will a dash cam help in a situation like this?

That's excellent news- a huge relief I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Richy because with a decent one you can prove your GPS co ordinates as well as having an automatic timestamp so no more proof would be needed I imagine.

Richy because with a decent one you can prove your GPS co ordinates as well as having an automatic timestamp so no more proof would be needed I imagine.
    There would be a problem if your car wasn't used at all during the offence time I admit but it would certainly be a help if you were out and about at the time.

There would be a problem if your car wasn't used at all during the offence time I admit but it would certainly be a help if you were out and about at the time.

How could you prove you hadn't just put the dash cam in a different car?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Point it at the speedometer?

The Bristol speeding prosecution has now also been cancelled
    I am now just waiting for the DVLA to issue me with a new V5 with a new registration number then I can get new plates made up & any future offences committed on my old registration number will have nothing to do with me .

Good result.

Wonder if the cloned car will be found?

I am now just waiting for the DVLA to issue me with a new V5 with a new registration number then I can get new plates made up & any future offences committed on my old registration number will have nothing to do with me .

Well done. Persistence did pay off in this case. Pleased you got the right result.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Good result.

Wonder if the cloned car will be found?
    Hopefully the OB will do an ANPR check, stop him and throw the book at the guy.

The cloned car will only be caught if it is physically stopped by the Police or crashed & cannot be driven away.
    Any offences caught on unmanned cameras, Gatso, mobile speed vans, cameras at lights etc etc will result in nothing as now there is no registered owner/keeper of my old reg so no one to send the fines to.

Glad they finally saw sense on the matter.

Even better, I now know of an ironclad technique of getting out of speeding and traffic violations in future.

The cloned car will only be caught if it is physically stopped by the Police or crashed & cannot be driven away.
    Any offences caught on unmanned cameras, Gatso, mobile speed vans, cameras at lights etc etc will result in nothing as now there is no registered owner/keeper of my old reg so no one to send the fines to.
    What's the rego , I might get a numberplate made up for my car

Great news , I am glad justice has prevailed.

Well done Headlight. In the end you beat the system and thats rare

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Great news , I am glad justice has prevailed.
    Thanks for your advice JJ as without it I wouldn"t have joined Pepipoo & theyare the ones who gave me the advice I needed

Won't it show up as NO INSURANCE ?

PS;--- Hope you've told your insurance company and breakdown people of the change of reg.

Yes the cloned car will show up as having no insurance once I have changed my reg & informed my insurers as well as being a cloned reg number but if it is picked up by a camera then the camera unit will have no address for the vehicle.
    If it is spotted by a Police patrol car then that is another matter.
    Once I receive my new V5 & reg number I will inform my insurers & the RAC.
    I don"t have to do anything about my MOT as although it will be in a different reg DVLA/VOSPA apparently attach a not on their system to say the reg of the vehicle has changed then when I next MOT it it will be done in the new reg.

Yes the cloned car will show up as having no insurance once I have changed my reg & informed my insurers as well as being a cloned reg number but if it is picked up by a camera then the camera unit will have no address for the vehicle.
    If it is spotted by a Police patrol car then that is another matter.
    Once I receive my new V5 & reg number I will inform my insurers & the RAC.
    I don"t have to do anything about my MOT as although it will be in a different reg DVLA/VOSPA apparently attach a not on their system to say the reg of the vehicle has changed then when I next MOT it it will be done in the new reg.
    I'd strongly recommend keeping all the documentation to hand for when it comes to selling the car to satisfy the buyer as this will all flag up on an HPI