+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/tran...ail/story.html

It's probably re-hashed from a few days back but the report is dated today (Wednesday).

They're quoting a report in the the Scottish Sun ......which, online at least, has no such report unless of course it's from a few days ago as suspected?

Re: Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

Here's a long, mostly positive, thread about Paterson from a Hearts messageboard - there is a mention of him talking to Sheffield Wednesday as well and I'd have thought they'd be favourites to get him if they are for him.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....cardiff/page-3

Blue in the Face

Re: Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

Patterson can play centre half or right back and therefore would be very useful. I've seen him play a fair few times and think he could be a terrific signing. Just wondered if, with our limited spending power, the money might be better spent on players in other positions? Namely GK and wingers.

If Neil is thinking of Patterson as a right back, I wonder if it's worth him taking a look at Gethin Jones who is a free agent now?

I think that this deal has been done & will be formally announced next week when his contract expires. I hope that I am right as the more I read out about him the more I think that he is very good player with age on his side to get even better.

Umm! all deals expire on the 30th June, not at the end of May

Blue in the Face

My post above makes no sense. Forgot Paterson is out of contract too and will only cost us compensation.

Only out of contract on 30th June

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Scottish contracts expire at the end of May

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I agree that is normally (but not always) the case in England & Wales but in Scotland it is common for contracts agreed for 12 months longer to expire on 31 May & according to a number of reports I have read this is when Paterson's contract expires

Other players also out of contract on 31 May 2017 include Kris Commons, Kolo Toure & Chris Burke.

It also seems to link in with Warnock's comments about hoping to sign players in early June.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "That explains his sensational goal record? No, don't be fooled, a big majority of Paterson's goals have come with him playing as a traditional right back, albeit one in the mould of modern players like Kyle Walker or Dani Alves."

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You beat me to it

The Daily record are reporting it as well, though they are using Wales Online as a source.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Always mean

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The Daily record are reporting it as well, though they are using Wales Online as a source.
    CCMB reporting it as well its an uplift form Derby Telegraph, via WOL ,via Jambos Kickback ,via Twitter ,via NewsNow ,it must be truuuuuue , nuffin yet from that right wing BBC media thingy .

Blue in the Face

400k compensation according to this...

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/tran...ail/story.html

Quite a big sum for a (in a few days) "free agent". I suppose because he has caps for Scotland.

If he plays right back and centre half , and we've got Connolly under contract , why are signing him exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    If he plays right back and centre half , and we've got Connolly under contract , why are signing him exactly ?

I guess he is seen as an upgrade

Blue in the Face

Because Neil thinks he could be better than what we have I guess. I really don't like Connolly at full back and I doubt NW does either, going off the way his past teams are set up.

If this signing does come off, in regard to defensive players, I reckon we'd be already ready for next season. Very balanced and talented group of defenders at the club. Much more balanced than our Premier League team.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 26-05-17 at 13:14.

Neil Warnock was talking Connolly and the 3 centre backs up the other day on a some post / pre match thing on cardiff player. With cash tight I just think he would be better spending the money he has on areas that really do need strengthening.

More attacking than connolly

Neil Warnock was talking Connolly and the 3 centre backs up the other day on a some post / pre match thing on cardiff player. With cash tight I just think he would be better spending the money he has on areas that really do need strengthening.
    We have £6m to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    We have £6m to spend.
    Teams have been spending 3 times that for multiple transfer windows and still failing to be promoted

He's not John Brayford.

Jazz Richards is more than good enough as a right-back at this level and Peltier's a decent backup, we need to spend on the attacking area unless Warnock's thinking of playing Paterson on the wing?