+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gounongbe, where is he now?

Gounongbe, where is he now?

Is Fred still at the club or have we quietly packed him in a crate and despatched him to some foreign shore? He hasn't been involved at U23 level, let alone in the first team squad, for months. I'm not saying I'm desperate to see him again, but is he still our player and under contract next season?

Re: Gounongbe, where is he now?

It is one of the great mysteries of our time.

There's a bloke that looks an awful lot like him working in Greggs in the retail park

http://beninmondeinfos.com/index.php...eric-gounongbe

Sorry to ruin the mystery but according to this he's injured. Mind you, I suppose it's a mystery why only an agency in Benin knew this.

Blue in the Face

He's in the Ecuadorian embassy

He's gounongbe around somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    There's a bloke that looks an awful lot like him working in Greggs in the retail park
    Racist. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Racist. Reported.
    Pie in the sky chance of that

I remember seeing Zohore in the ricoh lounge (we don't usually have seats there). Not even that long ago.

People weren't arsed to have photos with him, including myself. Funny how things change.

You never know....A Fred Kenneth combo next year - probably not.

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

Sorry to ruin the mystery but according to this he's injured. Mind you, I suppose it's a mystery why only an agency in Benin knew this.
    Its a mystery to how he could have got injured

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Bluebird View Post
    Its a mystery to how he could have got injured
    Fell off a ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Fell off a ladder.
    Burned his hand taking the pies out of the Gregg's ovens if WJ99 spot is to believed,we have history with that Gregg's and our strikers ,its beyond a joke .

Gounonbegone hopefully

Personally i thought he had something. (think I'm the only one) I'd love to see him get his head down and try to fight for his place

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Fell off a ladder.
    Fell off the back of a lorry more like

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Personally i thought he had something. (think I'm the only one) I'd love to see him get his head down and try to fight for his place
    Bad jokes aside, I'm with you Gringo. Thought his confidence was smashed early on by a dodgy miss or two and being new to malfunctioning side. Had a good work rate and actually looked to have more about him than Zohore at the start of the season. Remember reading he was on £5k a week which, if true, is nothing in comparison to our usual outgoings. Good value if he can prove to be a good squad player. Might be worth giving a go in pre-season.

All this said, has Neil never mentioned him? Usually if a manager likes a player he keeps the fans informed on injuries at press conferences etc. I won't be at all surprised if he ends up at KV Kortvijk.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 09-05-17 at 14:11.

I suppose anyone who's had an operation on his pubis is going to keep out of sight for a while. (Acrually, it's part of the hipbone, apparently.)

Heard he was working as a towel boy in the toilets in Tiger Lounge to make ends meet

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Heard he was working as a towel boy in the toilets in Tiger Lounge to make ends meet
    Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

In the first few months of Warnock's tenure he was praising Guonongbe in really positive terms and said he was the best finisher in training. He was a nuisance and hard working in the matches he played without ever suggesting he was going to be a prolific goalscorer.

Then he disappeared.

I can't recall Warnock ever mentioning him in his press conferences, even when he was running through every other sick or injured player in the squad. And this is our No 9.

He seems to have been airbrushed out. Become a non person. Even if Warnock has no interest in him at all and was only bigging him up out of desperation before Ken Zohore reinvented himself as the complete centre forward, even if Guonongbe was injured and had no chance of playing again all season, I think it is needlessly disrespectful to the player and to the fans to blank him so completely.

Frying bacon in Canton I expect. Let's just say that he has been re-assigned another role.