+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Odds are out for next year

  1. #1

    Odds are out for next year

    I was thinking of going for Villa but looking at this no chance.

    6/1 Aston Villa
    8/1 Norwich
    9/1 Derby
    9/1 Middlesbrough
    14/1 Sunderland
    14/1 Wolves
    16/1 Leeds
    20/1 Brentford
    25/1 Cardiff
    25/1 Sheff Utd
    40/1 Bristol City
    40/1 Preston
    50/1 Nottingham Forest
    66/1 QPR
    80/1 Birmingham
    80/1 Ipswich
    100/1 Barnsley
    100/1 Bolton
    150/1 Burton

    Birmginham at 80/1.........Harry Redknapp with a full summer window and money to spend?. E/W.

    William hill give 1st-3rd place E/W.

  2. #2
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    11,967

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Odds for what? Champions or just promoted?

  3. #3

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Odds for what? Champions or just promoted?
    Champions.

    Nothing on just promotion yet.

  4. #4

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    If Hull drop down then I'd fancy them over any of these

  5. #5

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Sunderland great price. As shit as they are they know how to get out of the Championship

  6. #6

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Sunderland
    Outside bet of Brentford

  7. #7
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    11,967

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Champions.

    Nothing on just promotion yet.
    25/1 might be wort punt, but I never bet on City, wouldn't want to put the gypsy's curse on them (are we allowed to say that in these diverse times?)

  8. #8

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    I would expect Middlesbrough to be competitive.
    Bristol city seem to be overpriced considering they're loosing their player of the season and weren't far off going down. any odds on relegation?

  9. #9

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    25/1 might be wort punt, but I never bet on City, wouldn't want to put the gypsy's curse on them (are we allowed to say that in these diverse times?)
    As we live in a PC regulated country, sadly these days, perhaps you would be better off saying "wouldn't want to put the people of Romanian extraction or Irish people who live an unconventional lifestyle, curses on them"

    Gosh, that sounds much better, does it not?

  10. #10

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If Hull drop down then I'd fancy them over any of these
    Over all these, I'd also fancy Middlesbrough and Swansea ;-)

  11. #11

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    25/1 might be wort punt, but I never bet on City, wouldn't want to put the gypsy's curse on them (are we allowed to say that in these diverse times?)
    Probably not

    Ye you'd think we'd drop below 25/1 at some point during the season. Hardly like we'll start strong and finish strong.

  12. #12

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sunderland great price. As shit as they are they know how to get out of the Championship
    They knew. Their side is terrible and they'll lose Pickford for 20m ish and Defoe on a free. They need a total rebuild and have Moyes in charge. They'll be contenders but not winners.

  13. #13

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    As we live in a PC regulated country, sadly these days, perhaps you would be better off saying "wouldn't want to put the people of Romanian extraction or Irish people who live an unconventional lifestyle, curses on them"

    Gosh, that sounds much better, does it not?
    Romani, not Romanian FFS!

  14. #14

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    I don't care what anyone says, i'm going to put a tenner on Cardiff City to win promotion.

  15. #15

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Middlesborough look decent odds to me.
    I can see them being a bit of a yoyo club. Simular to West Brom a few years back.

  16. #16

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Middlesborough look decent odds to me.
    I can see them being a bit of a yoyo club. Simular to West Brom a few years back.
    I tend to agree. They'll lose Gibson and Negredo but apart from that, most of their squad will probably stay.

  17. #17

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    The price they've got for Derby, must be based on the fact that they'll probably spend a shed load of money on players, totally ignoring the fair play nonsense and getting away with it once again
    Oldie, loves my footy and the horses I do

  18. #18

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Can anyone show the odds for this at the same time in 2016 ?

    Be interesting to see how right or wrong the bookies were.

  19. #19

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The price they've got for Derby, must be based on the fact that they'll probably spend a shed load of money on players, totally ignoring the fair play nonsense and getting away with it once again
    Or that they have the basis of a decent squad and a very good manager in Gary Rowett

  20. #20

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Anyone betting now on these prices is stupid as they will change once the final 5 times are confirmed for next season

  21. #21

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    I was listening to Talksport the other day and financially Sunderland are in the cack.
    They took out an 80m loan at 8% so are paying around 6.5 million per year in interest alone.
    The fans were saying there's no chance of them doing a Newcastle and keeping their big players and splashing out on new ones as they simply do not have the finance.
    They've spent several years now rarely winning and are not in the habit of winning football matches.
    I see them doing a Villa rather than a Newcastle next season.

  22. #22

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Id have Boro as my favourites.

    Sunderland are in deep trouble. Wouldnt suprise me if they went down again.

  23. #23

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Sheffield united are the bet imo.
    Lost just 6 games in 46 taking 100pts
    Big club lots of money too now
    Average home attendences of 21,000
    They will do for me

  24. #24

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I was listening to Talksport the other day and financially Sunderland are in the cack.
    They took out an 80m loan at 8% so are paying around 6.5 million per year in interest alone.
    The fans were saying there's no chance of them doing a Newcastle and keeping their big players and splashing out on new ones as they simply do not have the finance.
    They've spent several years now rarely winning and are not in the habit of winning football matches.
    I see them doing a Villa rather than a Newcastle next season.
    Apparently Arsenal make more on 3 match days than Sunderland do in a whole season of match days. Jonathon Wilson said that , editor of the Blizzard and Sunderland fan.

  25. #25

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Sheffield united are the bet imo.
    Lost just 6 games in 46 taking 100pts
    Big club lots of money too now
    Average home attendences of 21,000
    They will do for me
    Cant see much of a farewell party for you here.

    Good choice

    Bye.

  26. #26

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Sheffield united are the bet imo.
    Lost just 6 games in 46 taking 100pts
    Big club lots of money too now
    Average home attendences of 21,000
    They will do for me

    If Slade ever becomes their manager he'll do for them.

  27. #27

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Bookies tempting all the mugs to part prematurely with their hard earned. How could any sane punter place a bet before you see any squads?

  28. #28

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    25/1. Damn those odds are tasty.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist..."

  29. #29

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    25/1. Damn those odds are tasty.
    Cardiff should be at 50/1. We have no chance.

  30. #30

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Cardiff should be at 50/1. We have no chance.
    ?

  31. #31

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Cardiff should be at 50/1. We have no chance.
    Out of curiosity, why do you do this? Especially as Mike specifically asked you to stop doing it. It's disturbing.

  32. #32

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    ?
    We need about 8 players to have a chance over 46 games. It's a squad game, and ours needs work, Perhaps 2 years is more realistic.

  33. #33

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you do this? Especially as Mike specifically asked you to stop doing it. It's disturbing.
    Ah Mike told him off, so its we now.

  34. #34

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you do this? Especially as Mike specifically asked you to stop doing it. It's disturbing.
    What am I doing? What has Mike asked me to stop doing? I may have missed it, perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

  35. #35

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ah Mike told him off, so its we now.
    This is getting odd. I'm not aware of being "told off", and I don't understand the point you are trying to make at all.

    Others are mentioning teams with good chances, I'm saying we have no chance at present and I'd only consider a bet at 50/1. I can't see what I'm doing that's offensive, but I am sorry if you are offended.

  36. #36

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Hull will be the yoyo team

  37. #37

    Re: Odds are out for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    25/1. Damn those odds are tasty.
    If that was just for us to be promoted I'd put 50 on that.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •