+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook

Re: Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It is not without irony that people on an internet message board are criticising Facebook.
    However, the following type of Facebook posts do annoy me:

Nominating a group of other people to do a particular task.
    Superficial maxims being passed off as wisdom.
    Nom-nom shots (as I call them). Pictures of meals.
    The 'I know which friends will re-post this message' messages
    Dogs and cats.
    Pouting young women.
    People videoing their good deeds.
    I'll add:

Gym/weight loss posts - every fockin week

The thick kents that share pictures of human beings who have slightly darker skin than them with a racist caption

The "my baby" updates every day

Stag and hen do videos and pics - who the feck wants to see those, honestly

The worst of all is when someone uploads their holiday pics in an album - when they are still on their holiday!!! Christ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

My sister does that 'checking in at slimming world' 'lost and ounce this week' 'go me'

That's when you wish there was a 'Don't give a shit' button.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's amazing how Zuckerburg came up with all these traffick analysis algorithms on his own, just because he wanted to date hot girls.
    The guy who wrote the movie wrote the Steve Jobs film too (the good one)

Never had facebook. Seems like a narcissistic hive mind. I'm sure it has its positives. But does the bad outweigh the good?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    The guy who wrote the movie wrote the Steve Jobs film too (the good one)

Never had facebook. Seems like a narcissistic hive mind. I'm sure it has its positives. But does the bad outweigh the good?
    They did for me, that's why I left in September. Don't miss it one bit. I wouldn't slag it off cos it can be very useful, but my feed became tedious and I was wasting so much time being nosey and not much else. Good riddance:

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I have to agree, also deleted my account. It seems to cater for people who cannot communicate verbally or face to face mind. American brainwashing crap for dimwits
    like ccmb?

or phoning my nan?

or sending a letter to my family in italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I'll add:

The thick kents that share pictures of human beings who have slightly darker skin than them with a racist caption

The "my baby" updates every day

Stag and hen do videos and pics - who the feck wants to see those, honestly

The worst of all is when someone uploads their holiday pics in an album - when they are still on their holiday!!! Christ
    I always feel that the right thing to do is post a photo in the airport with the first drink in front of you as you set of to an exotic destination , works best on weekdays when everyone else is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That's when you wish there was a 'Don't give a shit' button.
    Worst one I came across recently was some bint who wrote "Can't believe my daughter is ** today, I know it's hard to believe as I'm so young but I was 11 when I had her".

That's when you wish there was a 'Didn't give a snicker' button.

I know of one absolutely dreadful Cardiff City related Faceberk post, I detest it. However, as I work offshore and my back to back is on the bloody thing 25/7, I use it to keep in touch with him as he checks his e-mails about once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I know of one absolutely dreadful Cardiff City related Faceberk post, I detest it. However, as I work offshore and my back to back is on the bloody thing 25/7, I use it to keep in touch with him as he checks his e-mails about once a year.
    Anyone help me with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone help me with this one?
    My relief, my opposite number. We do six weeks on, six weeks off, so two people to each job, I'm home now, he's on board.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    My relief, my opposite number. We do six weeks on, six weeks off, so two people to each job, I'm home now, he's on board.
    every day's a school day.

So sad! Please put this on your status if you know someone or are related to someone who suffers from stupidity. We all need to understand that stupidity is real and should be taken seriously. You could be sitting next to a sufferer right now. There is still no known cure for stupidity & sympathy does not help. But we can raise awareness. 87.365% won’t re-post this because they don’t know how to copy & paste, but if you do then you are awesome *hugs* *heart*

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Dai, how many fake Facebook profiles have you created to date? You must have nicked every photo of buxom, nubile 19-year-olds there is.
    Facebook is all about Signalling. Why would a second rater like me advertise my failure to the world? It's bad enough that I have to face it myself everyday. I do have a fake Facebook profile but unlike you and that dirty old polyglot I don't use my fake Facebook profile for sexual purposes. By the way Mr Polyglot, there are children on here and posters with the minds of children (the majority I think) and they don't need to know about polyglots. I use my fake Facebook profile to contact and question my heroes - old footballers. There are a surprising number of them on Facebook and Twitter and at least they can hold their heads up high. Anyone who has played at least one game at a high level is a success in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I always feel that the right thing to do is post a photo in the airport with the first drink in front of you as you set of to an exotic destination , works best on weekdays when everyone else is working.
    Forgot about this one, perfect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Worst one I came across recently was some bint who wrote "Can't believe my daughter is ** today, I know it's hard to believe as I'm so young but I was 11 when I had her".

That's when you wish there was a 'Didn't give a snicker' button.
    Some bint? maybe that bint was reminding her parents that they hadn't sent a birthday card?