Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
Something badly went wrong with the human make up around the time of the very first 'empire', when it suddenly became necessary to expand and aquire other people's wealth and land, when otherwise everybody had plenty for a full and wholesome lifespan (albeit shorter than today).

This wanton lust for more items than we actually need to sustain life was the result of this faulty gene, but which has now been passed on via evolution as it was unfortunately successful. This I believe, now manifests itself in modern day capitalism, with it's speculators / profit chasing / derivatives etc, and to an extent, far right politics. This is all a completely false situation, propped up by fiat currency, fractional reserve banking, quantitive easing and usury.

Jon Ronson studies this in his book 'The Psychopath Test', showing that a high percentage of the CEOs of today's biggest companies display this corrupt mental configuration. Their lack of empathy towards others mean that their ruthlessness works well in business. He shows that had it gone slightly differently for these guys, they'd be in prison long term for serial offences against humanity such as mass murder.

David Icke's theory along the same lines, is that this same non human instinct is similar to cold blooded animals, hence his talk of 'lizards', and the phrase 'cold blooded murderer' being in everyday use.

So yes, I would say that truly intelligent life out there in the universe could be laughing at us, but I'd suspect they'd actually pity us.

I quite like the idea shown in the classic film 'The Abyss' and more recently 'Arrival' where intelligent alien life shows us how wrong we really are, and sets us all on a better path.

Looking at current world events, my optimistic view is that we're due one of these visits in the not too distant future!
Human beings are a true cancer to this beautiful planet.

As far as we know, healthy life only lasts for 60-70 years and anything above that is a bonus. An average human being spends 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in a place that they hate, working a job they can't stand with some people who they dislike - for 40 ****ing years. That's 70,000 hours in a lifetime spent with absolutely no meaning.

All to make the guys at the top a little richer and happier every time you go into work to do a shitty job for next to nothing in the greatest of terms. That's slavery and I thought that was abolished lifetimes ago.

This is our planet and we should be able to do whatever we want. As far as we know we only get one shot, and blimey don't too many of us waste the only shot we have.

I always think to myself, other planets with "intelligent life" cannot live the way that we do.