Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
There is life out there, with so many planets being found in their solar systems respective Goldilocks zones, it seems likely that many will be teeming with life - and a small percentage will have hosted (or currently host) intelligent life.

I think we will find life in our own solar system eventually, possibly on Ganymede or Europa.

If we are visited, there is a strong chance we would be like Neanderthal men in comparison to beings of superior intelligence.

Will humans travel to Mars? I think yes, maybe by 2030. Will humans travel beyond this solar system, not for centuries and we'll probably become extinct before we get anywhere near planning.

I think we could see human settlements elsewhere in the system - not in our lifetimes though.

I think we may find some radio waves from a civilization elsewhere, but we will be too far away from each other to make direct contact or to have a conversation.

I hope we can discover intelligent life forms elsewhere, it would challenge the fairy stories that have caused too many issues.
Europa, Enceladus, Ganymede, Titan - any of these might have simple forms of life.

If we are to find life on any of these by 2050 then I imagine everyone will go crazy to send a probe outside of the solar system towards Proxima Centauri, possibly a laser shot hopefully travelling at least 5% of the speed of light. Though it's laughable that we aren't doing everything that we can now, if money wasn't an object we might have had 5-10 trials of it by today. We will certainly not be alive when the space agencies get the pictures back, but what an amazing time that will be for civilisation. As far as humans flying outside of the system, even beyond Saturn isn't comprehensible at this stage. Who knows, we may have one of the biggest scientific breakthroughs ever in the next 15-20 years that makes maybe 10% of speed of light possible.

There will be human settlements on Mars by 2040, and if that happens and continues to grow our species will be around for a little while longer. I have no doubt we will blow ourselves up on Earth before achieving anything on the scale of travelling as far as say, Sirius. We really aren't that intelligent and there is something really not right with homo sapiens, the gorilla temper comes out from inside of us way too often. If there is incredibly advanced life out there somewhere, I wonder if they are laughing at us right now.