Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
If our planet had not supposedly been hit by an asteroid and thus Dinosaurs had continued to be the dominant life-form, how evolved might they have got by now?
Not very I'd guess.
Previously visiting alien explorers may still have our planet marked down as a world inhabited by big-ass Lizards.

Earth humans might well be incredibly evolved compared to life-forms on other planets.

If the Universe is 'infinite' or inconceivably huge, - then there has to be some kind of life somewhere else.
It may not be as advanced as ours.
But somewhere, surely there will be life that is more evolved than us?

What would worry me about contact with alien life forms - even if they were non-aggressive - is the possibility of infection / disease that we couldn't possible deal with.

But then we may have that problem soon on our own planet, released by melting ice-caps.
We will never find out but the dinosaurs may have become incredibly advanced and a pretty crazy thing to contemplate.

I am firmly of the belief that we are nowhere near the most intelligent species out there. I'm sure a lot of people agree that there are probably thousands of civilisations who are scientifically advanced, and a number of those have probably figured out faster than light travel, built a planet barrier of some sort to keep out asteroids, debris and any unwanted strangers, increased life expectancy by 100%, or anything on those lines.