+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Accrington vs Premier League spat

Accrington vs Premier League spat

Re: Accrington vs Premier League spat

He raises a very good point.

Money in football is way too top-heavy.
    Premier league less than half a million to League two clubs - how is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think the last paragraph of the analysis at the bottom of the piece says it all - also, the level of funding given to Championship clubs looks very generous when compared to what those in Leagues One and Two get.

The problem isn't the top heaviness, the problem is the ridiculous number of 'professional' clubs. All of which are spending above their means to try and climb.

Yes it is unique to the UK, but it is ludicrous in this day and age as the level of professionalism is uneven and clubs like Accrington Stanley could never realistically compete, instead they set themselves up for going broke every few years.

Clubs outide the top two divisions need to live according to their means. We have nearly lost our own club to this plenty of times.

Now is the time to 'franchise' the top two divisions and have franchise applications to enter the Championship. The rest can remain as pro as they can afford. They aren't the grass roots anymore as the big clubs do their own development.

Is anyone genuinely surprised by this? It's all old hat. It's the same in all walks of life now. I heard on the radio yesterday that an auxillary nurse has to work 13 and a half yrs to earn what Ibrahimovic gets in a week. Actors can earn millions for one movie, while people starve to death.
    Greed has always been, and always will be, the Achilles heel of mankind.
    Poor old Accrington eh?

It's amazing that a football league has come out in such a robust defence of football agents. What exactly is their role? They don't play, they don't manage, all they do is try to maximise their clients income. They are businessmen who may play a necessary role but charge a huge amount, far above their actual output, in order to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Is anyone genuinely surprised by this? It's all old hat. It's the same in all walks of life now. I heard on the radio yesterday that an auxillary nurse has to work 13 and a half yrs to earn what Ibrahimovic gets in a week. Actors can earn millions for one movie, while people starve to death.
    Poor old Accrington eh?
    Playing devils advocate here...

Actors and footballers bring joy and excitement to millions whereas a starving man offers neither and nurses change old people's pissbags and moan about long hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Playing devils advocate here...
    LezT30q.jpg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Poor old Accrington eh?
    What have nurses got to do with it? He's talking about the lack of trickle down from the big money league. Unless nurses wear uniforms supplied by Nike or insert catheters on pay per view every weekend, then I don't see the relevance.

I'm all for medical staff getting paid more but its plain bonkers to make actors and footballers responsible for poverty. The money they earn comes directly from the things that we buy, so if its genuinely a concern of yours, you should be giving all your disposable income to others in more need of it.

I like Accrington Stanley. It will be a sad day if they sink again.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What have nurses got to do with it? He's talking about the lack of trickle down from the big money league. Unless nurses wear uniforms supplied by Nike or insert catheters on pay per view every weekend, then I don't see the relevance.

I'm all for medical staff getting paid more but its plain bonkers to make actors and footballers responsible for poverty. The money they earn comes directly from the things that we buy, so if its genuinely a concern of yours, you should be giving all your disposable income to others in more need of it.
    Good old Lardy. My post was all about greed. Which you knew really you little tinker. Just as the Accrington chairman is talking about greed.