+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FBI Director Comey Sacked

Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Has Putin decided who the next director will be yet?
    You must have missed James Clapper speaking at the enquiry on Monday, he said there was no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You must have missed James Clapper speaking at the enquiry on Monday, he said there was no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion.
    But that's not what he said, was it?

Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

I don't know, but if you were playing chess it would be considered a good move. I think there maybe more to come?
    I dont think we are talking about a chess grand master here. It actually reminded me of my three year old coming out of the kitchen, face covered in biscuits immediately blurting out "I didn't have any biscuits".

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Didn't he say he couldn't answer because there was an ongoing investigation?

What did he say? Maybe Fox News misquoted him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I dont think we are talking about a chess grand master here. It actually reminded me of my three year old coming out of the kitchen, face covered in biscuits immediately blurting out "I didn't have any biscuits".

Now that's very unfair. Trump sacked him because of what happened in last year's email kerfuffle and just because it happened out of the blue during an investigation into his team's Russia links is entirely coincidental.

Now that's very unfair. Trump sacked him because of what happened in last year's email kerfuffle and just because it happened out of the blue during an investigation into his team's Russia links is entirely coincidental.
    Interesting theory you have there, it deserves a bookmark

What did he say? Maybe Fox News misquoted him then.
    He said he wasn't aware of any evidence and he also said:

"When the intelligence community obtains information suggesting that a U.S. person is acting on behalf of a foreign power, the standard procedure is to share that information with the lead investigatory body, which of course is the FBI. The bureau then decides whether to look into that information and handles any ensuing investigation if there is one. Given its sensitivity, even the existence of a counterintelligence investigation's closely held, including at the highest levels.

During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI director, both Director Mueller and then subsequently Director Comey, on whether, when and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. And as a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee for Intelligence on the 20th of March, and that comports with my public statements."

That can be found here in the full transcript:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.588d29ff8162

He said he wasn't aware of any evidence and he also said:

"When the intelligence community obtains information suggesting that a U.S. person is acting on behalf of a foreign power, the standard procedure is to share that information with the lead investigatory body, which of course is the FBI. The bureau then decides whether to look into that information and handles any ensuing investigation if there is one. Given its sensitivity, even the existence of a counterintelligence investigation's closely held, including at the highest levels.

During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI director, both Director Mueller and then subsequently Director Comey, on whether, when and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. And as a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee for Intelligence on the 20th of March, and that comports with my public statements."

That can be found here in the full transcript:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.588d29ff8162
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...narrative.html

What bit am I supposed to be looking at?

"Clapper admitted he also was not initially aware of the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. But he said if there was any evidence of collusion, it “didn’t reach the evidentiary bar” needed for an intelligence assessment issued earlier this year. Clapper, further, reiterated that his team could not corroborate the contents of an infamous anti-Trump dossier that was shared with officials earlier this year."

This doesn't look like a man saying there was no evidence.

What bit am I supposed to be looking at?

"Clapper admitted he also was not initially aware of the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. But he said if there was any evidence of collusion, it “didn’t reach the evidentiary bar” needed for an intelligence assessment issued earlier this year. Clapper, further, reiterated that his team could not corroborate the contents of an infamous anti-Trump dossier that was shared with officials earlier this year."

This doesn't look like a man saying there was no evidence.
    All I am seeing is the careful use of words, insinuations and the weaving of storylines. I'll wait for hard evidence one way or the other.

Anyway, what's your take on the BlackBerry syncing issue? I presume this has something to do with Comey getting fired, as the emails were not being forwarded to Weiner for printing like he said they were.

All I am seeing is the careful use of words, insinuations and the weaving of storylines. I'll wait for hard evidence one way or the other.
    So he never said there was no evidence, I'm glad we could agree.

Anyway, what's your take on the BlackBerry syncing issue? I presume this has something to do with Comey getting fired, as the emails were not being forwarded to Weiner for printing like he said they were.
    No idea.

No idea.
    You seem to know what is going on regarding Trump and the Russians, so I thought you might also know which laptops Clinton's 19 BlackBerries were syncing to, and where the main external server was located.

Since you have already solved the Trump/Russia puzzle, how about looking into the BlackBerry issue as an academic exercise?

Didn't he say he couldn't answer because there was an ongoing investigation?
    He said it was standard policy for him not to be kept updated during ongoing investigations.

You seem to know what is going on regarding Trump and the Russians, so I thought you might also know which laptops Clinton's 19 BlackBerries were syncing to, and where the main external server was located.

Since you have already solved the Trump/Russia puzzle, how about looking into the BlackBerry issue as an academic exercise?
    There appear to be some toys strewn around Gluey's pram

No, you seem to have good research capabilities, so put them to good use and find out which enterprise servers those Blackberry's were syncing to, and who had access to all the data that was stored on the external primary enterprise server.

He's just annoyed because you've stolen his seat at the top table.

No, you seem to have good research capabilities, so put them to good use and find out which enterprise servers those Blackberry's were syncing to, and who had access to all that data that was stored on the external primary enterprise server.
    Calm down dear.

This forum is big enough for more than one font of all insider knowledge.

No, you seem to have good research capabilities, so put them to good use and find out which enterprise servers those Blackberry's were syncing to, and who had access to all the data that was stored on the external primary enterprise server.

I just found what he actually said! I know you don't like fake news and you were inadvertantly falling into some. Now go and have five minutes in time-out, it's for the best.

I just found what he actually said! I know you don't like fake news and you were inadvertantly falling into some. Now go and have five minutes in time-out, it's for the best.
    Here you go, you can start here http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...urces-say.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Calm down dear.

This forum is big enough for more than one font of all insider knowledge.
    I think I upset him.

I think I upset him.
    No dear, certainly not

Bonus question:

What links the sackings of preet bharara, Sally Yates and James Comey

Bonus question:

What links the sackings of preet bharara, Sally Yates and James Comey
    Trump? Russia?

As a matter of interest, why the sudden Comey lovefest from the anti-Trumpers?

Barely a few months ago he was enemy no.1 among the Clintonites
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 10-05-17 at 18:42.