+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 84

Thread: FBI Director Comey Sacked

  1. #1
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 09-05-17 at 23:15.

  2. #2

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    What he said ...


  3. #3

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Jared Kushner favourite to replace him.

  4. #4

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Jared Kushner favourite to replace him.

  5. #5

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    I wonder if Deputy Director McCabe will be the next to go? It appears the DOJ are involved in this, so I would imagine there will be further developments at some point.

  6. #6

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    About time .

  7. #7

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Well, that's a fine way to treat the man who won you an election!

  8. #8

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    As someone eloquently put on Twitter earlier.
    "Oh he (trump) knew how bad this would look. If a man shits his pants on purpose he's trying to cover up something that smells a lot ****ing worse"

  9. #9

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    As someone eloquently put on Twitter earlier.
    "Oh he (trump) knew how bad this would look. If a man shits his pants on purpose he's trying to cover up something that smells a lot ****ing worse"
    Take a look at the second paragraph


  10. #10

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Take a look at the second paragraph

    Why add that paragraph?

  11. #11

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, that's a fine way to treat the man who won you an election!
    That would have been Steve Bannon

  12. #12

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why add that paragraph?
    I don't know, but if you were playing chess it would be considered a good move. I think there maybe more to come?

  13. #13

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    It's very strange that Trump is purging the people who are investigating him and his team (Yates, Bharaha, Comey). Whatever can it mean?

  14. #14

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's very strange that Trump is purging the people who are investigating him and his team (Yates, Bharaha, Comey). Whatever can it mean?
    Maybe they wanted to stop him from doing something, but Trump is a few steps ahead and the wheels have now been set in motion? Or maybe he's just a vindictive bastard

  15. #15

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe they wanted to stop him from doing something, but Trump is a few steps ahead and the wheels have now been set in motion? Or maybe he's just a vindictive bastard
    I think Trump did it because he's very clever.

  16. #16

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think Trump did it because he's very clever.
    One thing we know for sure, he definately has a gameplan.

  17. #17

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    One thing we know for sure, he definately has a gameplan.
    He does, and he has the best gameplan and all the smartest people, we know this for sure.

  18. #18

    Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He does, and he has the best gameplan and all the smartest people, we know this for sure.
    Enlighten us - what is his Game Plan ?

    BetFred are offer 5-1 odds that the new head of the FBI will be Baron Trump

  19. #19

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Enlighten us - what is his Game Plan ?

    BetFred are offer 5-1 odds that the new head of the FBI will be Baron Trump
    Me and Gluey know what it is coz we're the smart people.

  20. #20

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He does, and he has the best gameplan and all the smartest people, we know this for sure.
    I don't agree with this. It's only the opening move, and there will be counter attacks. These people are playing for very high-stakes.

  21. #21

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't agree with this. It's only the opening move, and there will be counter attacks. These people are playing for very high-stakes.
    You don't agree? Why did you say "he definitely has a gameplan" if 10 minutes later you're disagreeing with "he has the best gameplan"?

  22. #22

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    One thing we know for sure, he definately has a gameplan.
    As much of a game plan as a pissed up family playing Twister on Christmas Day.

  23. #23

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You don't agree? Why did you say "he definitely has a gameplan" if 10 minutes later you're disagreeing with "he has the best gameplan"?
    Both sides have a gameplan, but so far we don't know who has the best one!

  24. #24

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Both sides have a gameplan, but so far we don't know who has the best one!
    Trump does of course

  25. #25

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Me and Gluey know what it is coz we're the smart people.
    Speak for yourself

  26. #26
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,372

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Has Putin decided who the next director will be yet?

  27. #27

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Has Putin decided who the next director will be yet?
    You must have missed James Clapper speaking at the enquiry on Monday, he said there was no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion.

  28. #28

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You must have missed James Clapper speaking at the enquiry on Monday, he said there was no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion.
    But that's not what he said, was it?

  29. #29

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't know, but if you were playing chess it would be considered a good move. I think there maybe more to come?
    I dont think we are talking about a chess grand master here. It actually reminded me of my three year old coming out of the kitchen, face covered in biscuits immediately blurting out "I didn't have any biscuits".

  30. #30

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But that's not what he said, was it?
    Didn't he say he couldn't answer because there was an ongoing investigation?

  31. #31

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But that's not what he said, was it?
    What did he say? Maybe Fox News misquoted him then.

  32. #32

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I dont think we are talking about a chess grand master here. It actually reminded me of my three year old coming out of the kitchen, face covered in biscuits immediately blurting out "I didn't have any biscuits".


    Now that's very unfair. Trump sacked him because of what happened in last year's email kerfuffle and just because it happened out of the blue during an investigation into his team's Russia links is entirely coincidental.

  33. #33

    Re: FBI Director Comey Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post


    Now that's very unfair. Trump sacked him because of what happened in last year's email kerfuffle and just because it happened out of the blue during an investigation into his team's Russia links is entirely coincidental.
    Interesting theory you have there, it deserves a bookmark

  34. #34

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What did he say? Maybe Fox News misquoted him then.
    He said he wasn't aware of any evidence and he also said:

    "When the intelligence community obtains information suggesting that a U.S. person is acting on behalf of a foreign power, the standard procedure is to share that information with the lead investigatory body, which of course is the FBI. The bureau then decides whether to look into that information and handles any ensuing investigation if there is one. Given its sensitivity, even the existence of a counterintelligence investigation's closely held, including at the highest levels.

    During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI director, both Director Mueller and then subsequently Director Comey, on whether, when and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. And as a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee for Intelligence on the 20th of March, and that comports with my public statements."


    That can be found here in the full transcript:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.588d29ff8162

  35. #35

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He said he wasn't aware of any evidence and he also said:

    "When the intelligence community obtains information suggesting that a U.S. person is acting on behalf of a foreign power, the standard procedure is to share that information with the lead investigatory body, which of course is the FBI. The bureau then decides whether to look into that information and handles any ensuing investigation if there is one. Given its sensitivity, even the existence of a counterintelligence investigation's closely held, including at the highest levels.

    During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI director, both Director Mueller and then subsequently Director Comey, on whether, when and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. And as a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee for Intelligence on the 20th of March, and that comports with my public statements."


    That can be found here in the full transcript:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.588d29ff8162
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...narrative.html

  36. #36

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    What bit am I supposed to be looking at?


    "Clapper admitted he also was not initially aware of the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. But he said if there was any evidence of collusion, it “didn’t reach the evidentiary bar” needed for an intelligence assessment issued earlier this year. Clapper, further, reiterated that his team could not corroborate the contents of an infamous anti-Trump dossier that was shared with officials earlier this year."

    This doesn't look like a man saying there was no evidence.

  37. #37

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What bit am I supposed to be looking at?


    "Clapper admitted he also was not initially aware of the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. But he said if there was any evidence of collusion, it “didn’t reach the evidentiary bar” needed for an intelligence assessment issued earlier this year. Clapper, further, reiterated that his team could not corroborate the contents of an infamous anti-Trump dossier that was shared with officials earlier this year."

    This doesn't look like a man saying there was no evidence.
    All I am seeing is the careful use of words, insinuations and the weaving of storylines. I'll wait for hard evidence one way or the other.

    Anyway, what's your take on the BlackBerry syncing issue? I presume this has something to do with Comey getting fired, as the emails were not being forwarded to Weiner for printing like he said they were.

  38. #38

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All I am seeing is the careful use of words, insinuations and the weaving of storylines. I'll wait for hard evidence one way or the other.
    So he never said there was no evidence, I'm glad we could agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anyway, what's your take on the BlackBerry syncing issue? I presume this has something to do with Comey getting fired, as the emails were not being forwarded to Weiner for printing like he said they were.
    No idea.

  39. #39

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No idea.
    You seem to know what is going on regarding Trump and the Russians, so I thought you might also know which laptops Clinton's 19 BlackBerries were syncing to, and where the main external server was located.

    Since you have already solved the Trump/Russia puzzle, how about looking into the BlackBerry issue as an academic exercise?

  40. #40

    Re: Baron Trump - new head of the FBI

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't he say he couldn't answer because there was an ongoing investigation?
    He said it was standard policy for him not to be kept updated during ongoing investigations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •