+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Blue in the Face

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Cardiff City set to beat competition for signature of League One winger – reports

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...ue-one-winger/

Cardiff City are close to completing a move for Rochdale winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

The 25 year-old is set to join the club on a free transfer from League One side Rochdale according to the HITC Sport, rejecting advances from Wigan Athletic to instead join the Bluebirds.

The pacey-winged has 10 goals in 49 appearances for the Dale this season, with goals a must for Cardiff City next season if they are to chase promotion.

Cardiff already look set to sign goalkeeper Lee Camp on a free transfer and the signing of Mendez-Laing could start a flurry of transfer dealings from Neil Warnock.

Speaking to the BBC, Warnock said the club had already lined up a number of targets and were in talks with a number of players.

“I’ve agreed a couple of fringe players but I’m looking to sign three or four players to add to that squad in the next few weeks.

“It might be the beginning of June because you can’t really move that quick nowadays but it won’t be for lack of trying.

“I think we could get three or four players in that squad in the team, I think the future is very bright.”

The signing of Mendez-Laing could see a possible departure from Cardiff City as the Bluebirds have a number of wingers at the club. Kadeem Harris has yet to sign a contract extension whilst Junior Hoilett who signed for the club back in November has yet to agree to stay at Cardiff.

Re: Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

You do know that this is an 'exclusive' elsewhere dont you?