Very strange.

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...-cardiff-city/

Bundesliga star opens up on ‘really bad’ treatment at Cardiff City

FC Schalke forward Guido Burgstaller has revealed that he felt he was poorly treated during his time at Cardiff City.

Speaking to German newspaper Sport Bild, Burgstaller said that the club informed him by letter that he was not to play or train with the first team and was made to train with the youth players.

“After four weeks I was not allowed to play, or even to train with the professionals. In the end, I even had to empty my locker in the dressing and move to the amateurs. I have not been guilty of anything. What was really bad: I wasn’t even told why I did not get a chance. I was only informed by letter that I couldn’t train and play.”

The Austrian international joined Cardiff City back in 2014 from Rapid Wien where he scored 24 goals in 85 appearances.

The 28 year-old made just three appearances for Cardiff in the Championship as well as two apperances in the League Cup for the Bluebirds, where he scored once against Coventry.

Upon joining Cardiff City, he stated how happy he was to join the club and was delighted to be given the chance to play in England when speaking to the BBC.

“My decision to join Cardiff City was never in question when the club first contacted me,” said Burgstaller.

“It has always been a dream for me to play in this country.

“I’ve followed Cardiff in the Premier League last season and I’m very proud and honoured to be given the chance to wear the Cardiff City jersey – I’m a big admirer of the passion of the fans.”

Unfortunately for Cardiff City fans, since Burgstaller departed the club in January after his contract was terminated in January and he hasn’t looked back since.

A total of 33 goals in 63 appearances over the course of three seasons at Nurnberg earned him a move to Bundesliga giants FC Schalke back in january, where he has scored eight goals in 15 appearances, including two in the Europa League.