+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I will bet £500 that City go up under Warnock next season. No ifs or buts

I will bet £500 that City go up under Warnock next season. No ifs or buts

No doubt in my mind whatsoever. When we hired Warnock I was one of the fans saying I had wished he had been here years agod was the man to take us up, and that he would sort us out. We were demotivated, confused and down on our derrieres. In his first season he takes us from relegation fodder to a mid way team, taking out some top teams along the way.

Next season we will go up. Even if not as champs then certainly playoffs. He has a track record of promotion. The squad now knows what to expect of him. The owner knows what he wants in the transfer market. The players that I hear are on their way excite me greatly. The playing style and systems are established. Players love him. Fans love him. There is unity around the club we have not seen in years.

We have promotion written all over us. I shall be wiggling my snout in the betting trough, looking atthe odds, and providing some smug mug offers me 3-1 or more on a promotioI am gleefully lobbing £500 on it. I can't wait forAugust to come around. Genntlemen, get ready for the second coming

Re: I will bet £500 that City go up under Warnock next season. No ifs or buts

I'd consider giving you 3/1 on that!

Did you finish that dissertation in the end? Few years back wasn't it? Residental housing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Did you finish that dissertation in the end?
    I did

Good man. What did you end up doing in the end for work?

Good man. What did you end up doing in the end for work?
    I'm surveying! Thanks for all the help on that!

As for your bet, I'm not sure if I see us top six without significantly strengthening.

L
    No doubt in my mind whatsoever. When we hired Warnock I was one of the fans saying I had wished he had been here years agod was the man to take us up, and that he would sort us out. We were demotivated, confused and down on our derrieres. In his first season he takes us from relegation fodder to a mid way team, taking out some top teams along the way.

Next season we will go up. Even if not as champs then certainly playoffs. He has a track record of promotion. The squad now knows what to expect of him. The owner knows what he wants in the transfer market. The players that I hear are on their way excite me greatly. The playing style and systems are established. Players love him. Fans love him. There is unity around the club we have not seen in years.

We have promotion written all over us. I shall be wiggling my snout in the betting trough, looking atthe odds, and providing some smug mug offers me 3-1 or more on a promotioI am gleefully lobbing £500 on it. I can't wait forAugust to come around. Genntlemen, get ready for the second coming
    Have a cover bet. NW to be the first manager to leave a champ club next season (33/1)

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    SkyBet are offering 9-1 about a City promotion next season. https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ason-promotion
    Last edited by Organ Morgan.; 11-05-17 at 20:26.

Give the money to charity instead of wasting it on silly betting

Gentlemen,

Following a brief period of absenteeism I thought it might be a good time to touch base on the above topic. Bet365 were ever so generous late August and served me a fruity offer of 7-1 on a promotion. Not automatic but including a playoff. By Jove, I thought, how kind. Plunge agreed.

So far so good. Long way to go yet but the reasoning remains intact. Did anyone else take an early season dippy-dippy at such generous odds?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    L

Have a cover bet. NW to be the first manager to leave a champ club next season (33/1)

[QUOTE=WJ99mobile;4740863]I'd consider giving you 3/1 on that![/QUOT

I will give you 50/1 next season because if we dont go up this season NW wont be here next season

L

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I will give you 50/1 next season because if we dont go up this season NW wont be here next season
    Fact?

Assuming we don't go up, you conveniently ignore the fact Warnock has said he prefers managing in the Championship. You're thus assuming having built a good team spirit up here that he'd want to then go elsewhere and spend 2-3 seasons trying to do the same elsewhere. Time isn't really on his side.

So who followed the bet guys?

Not me, but I hope your bet comes off.

L

You have always been so positive I see.

Saying that were doing well, so you probably won't see this unless we gave a mini slump and you can come back moaning about Tan.

L

The bet is a loser like yourself

Not me, although it was good value at 20/1 at start of the season.

If you did go for it I will gladly pat you on the back!

Chepstow's had a "mare" here

I put a small bet for City to be in the top 6 at the end of the season, I think I already cashed out.

Hope it comes off for you! I wish I was braver to go the extra step like you did!

Last May you stated you'd be happy to take odds of 3-1 about promotion, but instead of taking the best price available then, which was 9-1, you chose to wait until after the season had begun to take 7-1 instead. I don't get why you didn't grab the 9-1 when it was available.

As for your question, I didn't take the bet. If I had, dependent on where placed, I'd have taken a pic of the betting slip or screenshot from the site to upload the image and link it at this forum for anyone to view to evidence I really did have faith in the wager advocated.