+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rambo's chance to shine again?

Rambo's chance to shine again?

Don't watch a lot of PL football but it seems Arsenal have a new system which suits Rambo much better. Nice to see him getting some recognition again.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/pr...formation.html

Re: Rambo's chance to shine again?

Recognition for what exactly? Arsenal and Ramsey have been garbage this season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.

No probs

All Ramsey needs is a run of games without injury. He is beginning to return to form having had a few games without his hammy going.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Don't watch a lot of PL football but it seems Arsenal have a new system which suits Rambo much better. Nice to see him getting some recognition again.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/pr...formation.html
    Whenever Rambo has shone for the Goons, he's had the license to roam, as he has for Wales. I know some Welsh commentators want him coming deep to collect the ball for the national side, but I thinks this just puts shackles on him. Perhaps his forte is to find odd pockets of space in advances positions.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are 50% correct in that statement.

If you read the article linked it's specifically referring to his recent form in a new role, rather than his form generally this season.

I didn't write it, but thought it was interesting considering the speculation I've read on here as to whether Wenger has been getting the best from him by not playing him in his natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Whenever Rambo has shone for the Goons, he's had the license to roam, as he has for Wales. I know some Welsh commentators want him coming deep to collect the ball for the national side, but I thinks this just puts shackles on him. Perhaps his forte is to find odd pockets of space in advances positions.
    Wales have Joe Allen to fulfill that role and he's better at it than Ramsey is - put Ramsey in the position where he has been most effective during his career, in a number ten role.

Hopefully, Ramsey is coming into a bit of form at the right time - I don't see Wales getting anything in Serbia, but they may have a chance with an in form and confident Ramsey playing.

Blue in the Face

WoL article just popped up. Or should I say pooped up...

Arsene Wenger reveals why a formation tweak is helping Wales ace Aaron Ramsey thrive at Arsenal FC

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...tweak-13021637

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales have Joe Allen to fulfill that role and he's better at it than Ramsey is - put Ramsey in the position where he has been most effective during his career, in a number ten role.

Hopefully, Ramsey is coming into a bit of form at the right time - I don't see Wales getting anything in Serbia, but they may have a chance with an in form and confident Ramsey playing.
    A lot will ride on the opening 45 minutes in Serbia. I can see Wales coming out ultra conservative. So Rambo won't have the kind of freedom that brings out the best in him, but when we do see him break into the no.10 position when we do counter, hopefully he can pull something off.

Tom Lawrence is destined to start I feel. Praying he can finally arrive on the international scene. I still have no idea how high his playing level can be. We know he can smash it at Championship level after this season. But can he reach greater heights? I still don't know.

All this makes me even more frustrated that he's spent so many years at a club who have underutilised him and whose fans haven't got a clue about football.

I'd still say his best move would be abroad, and think his style would particularly suit La Liga.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Ramsey is at his best when he can do what he wants. He'll always work hard and get back but he's brilliant at finding space and running away from his markers. His movement off the ball is brilliant, which is why he often looks bad because he's constantly in good positions so when he makes a mistake, it amplifies it. Great player.

On the bench today

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    On the bench today
    Well he's played 180 mins in the past week so good move from Wenger.

You and I would be the first to moan had he played and got a hamstring pull

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Well he's played 180 mins in the past week so good move from Wenger.

You and I would be the first to moan had he played and got a hamstring pull
    Fully agreed.

Yeah I do agree! Lovely assist for their 4th as well..