+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Heneghan and Lee Camp.

Ben Heneghan and Lee Camp.

City linked with Motherwell centreback and speculation that we could be close to signing Lee Camp.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rwell-13018440

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...g-keeper-camp/

Re: Ben Heneghan and Lee Camp.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City linked with Motherwell centreback and speculation that we could be close to signing Lee Camp.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rwell-13018440

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...g-keeper-camp/
    Yes been seeing their names banded about on a few news feeds , agents are busy leaking their manifestos .

Camp is a good one ,reliable,Warnock P.A.T. tested and has proven ability , don't know enough about the other lad form the far off northern wastelands ,trouble is not much opposition to test these lads up north , other than Celtic , weather and porridge .

Neil Etheridge is another keeper that maybe a good shot contract up with Walsall soon .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes been seeing their names banded about on a few news feeds , agents are busy leaking their manifestos .

Camp is a good one ,reliable,Warnock P.A.T. tested and has proven ability , don't know enough about the other lad form the far off northern wastelands ,trouble is not much opposition to test these lads up north , other than Celtic , weather and porridge .

Neil Etheridge is another keeper that maybe a good shot contract up with Walsall soon .
    No to Etheridge. Yes to Camp.

Not impressed by Camp. !

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    No to Etheridge. Yes to Camp.
    What's your rationale on that? Also, Warnock's admitted he enquired about Etheridge in January so this one has legs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not impressed by Camp. !
    What about Kenneth Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What's your rationale on that? Also, Warnock's admitted he enquired about Etheridge in January so this one has legs.
    Camp is a solid keeper, good communicator and is steady.

Etheridge would have to quit international football to stand a chance as first choice here. There are too many tournaments in Asia, East Asian Cup, Tiger Cup, Asian Cup, Suzuki Cup. I appreciate that Etheridge has pulled out before, but he would need to make that a permanent thing in my opinion.

Sorry the Suzuki Cup was the Tiger Cup.

Their World Cup schedules are heavy too, and involve difficult and long journeys.

Danny Ward available as well, 12 goals in a poor team not bad going. Can play wide left and up top.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...yers-1-8538897

.... former player of the year Lee Camp was among a list of eight players released by the relegated outfit. Camp, who made 59 appearances for the Millers, won the player of the season award after helping the club remain in the Championship in the 2015/16 season.

Warne said: “We wish all the lads who are leaving the very best for the future, but I would particularly like to acknowledge the contribution of both Lee Camp and Stephen Kelly. “Both were key figures in keeping the Club in The Championship during the 2015/16 season, and Campy deservedly picked up the player of the year award for his efforts.

“They are both great lads and served the Club with distinction during their time here. “I wish all the lads every success with their next move.”

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...yers-1-8538897

.... former player of the year Lee Camp was among a list of eight players released by the relegated outfit. Camp, who made 59 appearances for the Millers, won the player of the season award after helping the club remain in the Championship in the 2015/16 season.

Warne said: “We wish all the lads who are leaving the very best for the future, but I would particularly like to acknowledge the contribution of both Lee Camp and Stephen Kelly. “Both were key figures in keeping the Club in The Championship during the 2015/16 season, and Campy deservedly picked up the player of the year award for his efforts.

“They are both great lads and served the Club with distinction during their time here. “I wish all the lads every success with their next move.”

Sounds like a wage and allowing Camp to play and earn at a higher level thing.

I think Warnock has got him already and on a free, with the savings we will have made on Amos and Allan McGregor wages as they have returned to their respective clubs , we should easily pick up two decent keepers plus another player .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sounds like a wage and allowing Camp to play and earn at a higher level thing.

I think Warnock has got him already and on a free, with the savings we will have made on Amos and Allan McGregor wages as they have returned to their respective clubs , we should easily pick up two decent keepers plus another player .
    I think we will end up with Camp and very possibly Etheridge, plus Murphy who will somewhat harshly be third choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Camp is a solid keeper, good communicator and is steady.

Etheridge would have to quit international football to stand a chance as first choice here. There are too many tournaments in Asia, East Asian Cup, Tiger Cup, Asian Cup, Suzuki Cup. I appreciate that Etheridge has pulled out before, but he would need to make that a permanent thing in my opinion.
    He has pulled out of every one this time, also their fixtures seem to coincide with the International breaks? He's played over 40 league games in each of his seasons for Walsall, and they play during the internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He has pulled out of every one this time, also their fixtures seem to coincide with the International breaks? He's played over 40 league games in each of his seasons for Walsall, and they play during the internationals.
    more than Manga then

I would be very surprised if Warnock doesn't try to sign Danny Ward

He is very much a NW type player but as Rotherham have exercised another 12 months on his contract - so no doubt they will be looking for a million + transfer fee - especially as they were asking for £5m in January for him.

Accrington Stanley have just released Elliott Parish. Just a thought....

Lee Camp looks a certain signing and this centre back I don't know anything about I'm still hopeful we will keep Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Accrington Stanley have just released Elliott Parish. Just a thought....
    Sheffield United keeper looked good this season. Maybe we could have him as 1 and Parish as 2?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sheffield United keeper looked good this season. Maybe we could have him as 1 and Parish as 2?
    Good call.

Don't know anything about the Motherwell defender, is he better than Ajayi ? I'd say that Ajayi has been playing at a higher level.