+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stanley Scrimgeour

Stanley Scrimgeour

Just had the sad news that Stan has passed away, regular home & away even during his horrible illness. Me & Stan go back to late 60s following the City and being mates outside of football anyway, R.I.P loyal Bluebird

Re: Stanley Scrimgeour

Its always very sad to see fellow Bluebirds pass , all the best to his family . Did he have a good innings ?

63 today ironically

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just had the sad news that Stan has passed away, regular home & away even during his horrible illness. Me & Stan go back to late 60s following the City and being mates outside of football anyway, R.I.P loyal Bluebird
    I heard early this morning & it's still sinking in. Top man was Stan, he was a good friend & I have been to many a game with him over the years. Stan has been ill for quite some time & typical of him he battled right until the end. RIP my friend, you will be missed by many

RIP Bluebird.

Only knew him as Stan, so needed to put a face to the name.

Last seen Stan, in the pubs in Newcastle, before the game this season.

RIP Bluebird.

Had one of those 'Youve been in a non fault road accident' phone calls yesterday. I agreed that I had, so I was put through to claims who asked when it occurred. I told them the truth that it was hitchhiking to Bolton Wanderers away in 1971, the person on the other end said goodbye and hung up!!!!! Stan was with me that day and had the scars to prove it, we did get to Burnden Park, a bit patched up, City got beat but we lived to fight another day and, by God, we did.

i knew stan from years ago,
    a few years ago i think he was running the shed for eddie.will be missed.rest in peace stan

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Had one of those 'Youve been in a non fault road accident' phone calls yesterday. I agreed that I had, so I was put through to claims who asked when it occurred. I told them the truth that it was hitchhiking to Bolton Wanderers away in 1971, the person on the other end said goodbye and hung up!!!!! Stan was with me that day and had the scars to prove it, we did get to Burnden Park, a bit patched up, City got beat but we lived to fight another day and, by God, we did.
    I Love that story SP RIP Stan

I didn't know Stan, but rip bluebird.
    Out of curiosity I checked up on his unusual surname, its from the old French meaning fencer or skirmisher.Appropriate possibly.

Condolences to all those who knew Stan.