+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin

Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!
    when i ran a IT forum, a few of the guys used to sell " DVD's and PSX / XBOX games " on it, they used to talk about Bitcoins and take payment in them

every 6 months we used to run a " donation " drive where the sellers would always help out with the hosting costs ( which used to cost a fair bit back then and they were making decent money out of the place ) a few wanted to donate with bitcoins, we never did take them, a shame really as i would be have retired by now

£2126.43. Up £60 since earlier on. The way it's zooming skyward then Messrs Always Away and Our Man Flint will be in contact with recruitment agencies in a fortnight's time to enquire whether they have on their books people seeking chauffeur and household servant employment.

Is that right? I know absolutely nothing about bitcoins, however, I find that staggering ... $1,000 - $35m!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right? I know absolutely nothing about bitcoins, however, I find that staggering ... $1,000 - $35m!!!!!
    Here's the article - https://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-polic...-record-value/

Cheers for that!

I would guess those that made millions, back in 2010, would have bought their Bitcoins for a couple of quid or less?

I tried to buy Ethereum on Thursday evening - the price was dropping down towards the 200GBP mark and I was about to pull the trigger on my first ever purchase when ... the site (Coinbase) went down for maintenance! When I was finally able to get back on (next morning), the price had risen again to the 260GBP mark. It had gone down to 206GBP, so I can't say for certain that I would have bought, as I had my mind set on 200GBP.

Bitcoins were $0.08 in July 2010.

I think Bitcoin and Ethereum are beyond my levels of investment where I can make serious money so I'm going to invest in several of the really cheap ones and if one takes off that's where I'll hope to turn a profit.

I think Bitcoin and Ethereum are beyond my levels of investment where I can make serious money so I'm going to invest in several of the really cheap ones and if one takes off that's where I'll hope to turn a profit.
    What exchanges are you planning on using, and how are you planning on storing the coins??

If you get in early sometime you can get free offerings on new crypto currency. However BTC still has a long way to go (up) before it settles.

Remember, if you are worried about your investment, them you invested too much!