+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitcoin

Re: Bitcoin

£1892.25. That's, what, a 3% rise in the past few hours. Dare we say global hyperinflation is imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    £1892.25. That's, what, a 3% rise in the past few hours. Dare we say global hyperinflation is imminent?
    It has gone up nearly 50% since I started this thread.
    I am sure it will crash but it will recover again too.

Stop saying crash, it'll be a wobble at most. Everybody sit tight and watch it pass 10,000 and beyond

You can also find good investment ops here through Simon Dixon BnktotheFuture website
    https://bnktothefuture.com/

£2,066.79.

Bitcoin, Ethereum and Zcash hit new all-time highs in the past 24 hours, although Ethereum had a wobble since dropping 10% in just a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!
    when i ran a IT forum, a few of the guys used to sell " DVD's and PSX / XBOX games " on it, they used to talk about Bitcoins and take payment in them

every 6 months we used to run a " donation " drive where the sellers would always help out with the hosting costs ( which used to cost a fair bit back then and they were making decent money out of the place ) a few wanted to donate with bitcoins, we never did take them, a shame really as i would be have retired by now

£2126.43. Up £60 since earlier on. The way it's zooming skyward then Messrs Always Away and Our Man Flint will be in contact with recruitment agencies in a fortnight's time to enquire whether they have on their books people seeking chauffeur and household servant employment.

Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!
    Is that right? I know absolutely nothing about bitcoins, however, I find that staggering ... $1,000 - $35m!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right? I know absolutely nothing about bitcoins, however, I find that staggering ... $1,000 - $35m!!!!!
    And people still call it a 'stable' currency of the future

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    And people still call it a 'stable' currency of the future
    Maybe you should hyphenated have future rather than stable. This is a very young currency in its infancy, ride the wave.

Economics and Economist were only invented so weather man wouldn't feel so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Maybe you should hyphenated have future rather than stable. This is a very young currency in its infancy, ride the wave.

Economics and Economist were only invented so weather man wouldn't feel so bad.
    I did a bit of reading after seeing this thread and like the idea that there is only ever / will only ever be a set amount of currency in circulation, unlike the make believe fiat currency we use everyday.

It took a real dive this afternoon dropping 16% in short order to under £1,900. It's now £1,960. A strong stomach is required to own Bitcoin with its extreme volatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It took a real dive this afternoon dropping 16% in short order to under £1,900. It's now £1,960. A strong stomach is required to own Bitcoin with its extreme volatility.
    lol, relax man! Best bet is to walk away from the screen, come back to it in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    lol, relax man! Best bet is to walk away from the screen, come back to it in 5 years.
    Never a truer word said.

I was watching it last night, at one point it had dipped to about £1750 but it recovered again and is back over £2000 now. Quite the rollercoaster ride.

Down to £1650 now, was down as low as £1400 earlier on. It's taken a bit of a beating today.

https://cryptowat.ch/coinbase/btcgbp/1h

The rollercoaster continues.

Any advice on what to use or how to get into trading Ethereum? I've been thinking about it for a while but its the first time trading outside the LSE so not sure the best way of investing, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Here's the article - https://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-polic...-record-value/

Cheers for that!

I would guess those that made millions, back in 2010, would have bought their Bitcoins for a couple of quid or less?

I tried to buy Ethereum on Thursday evening - the price was dropping down towards the 200GBP mark and I was about to pull the trigger on my first ever purchase when ... the site (Coinbase) went down for maintenance! When I was finally able to get back on (next morning), the price had risen again to the 260GBP mark. It had gone down to 206GBP, so I can't say for certain that I would have bought, as I had my mind set on 200GBP.

Bitcoins were $0.08 in July 2010.

I think Bitcoin and Ethereum are beyond my levels of investment where I can make serious money so I'm going to invest in several of the really cheap ones and if one takes off that's where I'll hope to turn a profit.

I think Bitcoin and Ethereum are beyond my levels of investment where I can make serious money so I'm going to invest in several of the really cheap ones and if one takes off that's where I'll hope to turn a profit.
    What exchanges are you planning on using, and how are you planning on storing the coins??

If you get in early sometime you can get free offerings on new crypto currency. However BTC still has a long way to go (up) before it settles.

Remember, if you are worried about your investment, them you invested too much!

I'm looking into a few different coins at the moment. I got a few litecoins a while back when they were £3 each and btc was trading around the £100 mark so my mate got one but i don't remember where we got them now, I recall it was a peer to peer thing though. What are people's opinions on ripple? Or any others to chance a small investment on? I may also buy some bitcoin - so what are the best exchanges people use? I have coinbase installed but their fees seem a bit high - is that the norm?

My mate told me of a guy who put his inheritance into bit coin a few years back, about half a million quid. It went up to over 30 million!!! Needless to say he doesn't have to worry about much now. Is it still worth investing in??? Can anyone advise me as I have about 10k floating about earning no interest......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My mate told me of a guy who put his inheritance into bit coin a few years back, about half a million quid. It went up to over 30 million!!! Needless to say he doesn't have to worry about much now. Is it still worth investing in??? Can anyone advise me as I have about 10k floating about earning no interest......
    I've been watching it for years, constantly telling myself I've missed the boat. The first time I was kicking myself when I didn't buy at £30 and I thought it had reached its peak at £100 - I then bought litecoin instead which was not a bad investment, to be fair... Then I thought the same when bitcoin was £1000 - then again when it was £2000 - and so on. I still haven't bought any (although I did get some other ones), and I still worry that it's reached its peak! But as some have suggested it may well hit £10,000 or more - who knows! It may also completely crash and lots of people could lose a lot of money.

Ethereum is going to have its hard fork later this month I believe, which hopefully will raise its price. Might be worth looking at. Of course, nobody really knows what's going to happen and it's very volatile so it's obviously a risk. Nobody can tell you what's best for your £10k but it's certainly worth considering, imo.