Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
Up until a couple of days ago I had about £300 of BTC from where I've been buying £10 or £20 here and there over the past few months, I was using coinfloor.co.uk to buy.

Buying bits here and there is probably a bad idea due to having to pay the small fees (best to just buy Bitcoins in bulk if you can afford to) but I just wanted to see what it was like to be in on it and I did see a bit of growth since Bitcoin has risen quickly in recent times.

Then a couple of weeks ago I download Jaxx and used the ShapeShifter feature to switch half my BTC to ETH because I fancy ETH to be the next big thing.

But, I've now withdrawn all my crypto back into GPB in the last couple of days because I decided to use the money for marketing for my business. Could be a terrible decision but I have to drum up some business.

With regard to wallets, I was using blockchain.info and later Jaxx as wallets but I'm looking into hardware wallets for the future, especially if I end up reinvesting anything more significant than £300 because you just can't be too careful, heard a couple of scare stories.
I would be careful using one to buy the other, if they both 'crash' you'll lose out. Better to use Fiat to purchase.

Also whatever wallet you pick make sure its offline, buy and then get your coins off the exchange into a wallet you control.
https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s supports both btc and ETH but that is for serious holders as it cost 70 eur.

Looking into ETH and might take the plunge, also worth looking at Golem GNT. i know somebody who trades as a full time job and these are the only ones he trusts having been burnt on all the other alternative to btc that sprang up.

But as mentioned i still think nobody knows for sure, its BTC maturity that gives me the confidence, but i am a user rather than an investor.