+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin

Bitcoin latest price is £1,876.29. Its meteoric rise is nothing like I've seen previously in any asset. What does it portend?

Last edited by Organ Morgan.; 24-05-17 at 18:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Bitcoin latest price is £1,876.29. Its meteoric rise is nothing like I've seen previously in any asset. What does it portend?

It's always been the way of Bitcoin, it rises sharply then crashes, then rises higher and crashes and so on. At the moment there's a lot of interest in the technologies that are being developed on the back of Bitcoin but pretty much all analysts will tell you it's due for its latest crash soon enough.

You'd be quite wise to be interested in holding some amount of BTC though, "in case of emergencies".

Yes, I'll get some. Five max at these prices. For what it's worth I take its phenomenal rise along with that of other cryptos as another sign that the financial status quo hasn't long to run.

Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!
    when i ran a IT forum, a few of the guys used to sell " DVD's and PSX / XBOX games " on it, they used to talk about Bitcoins and take payment in them

every 6 months we used to run a " donation " drive where the sellers would always help out with the hosting costs ( which used to cost a fair bit back then and they were making decent money out of the place ) a few wanted to donate with bitcoins, we never did take them, a shame really as i would be have retired by now

£2126.43. Up £60 since earlier on. The way it's zooming skyward then Messrs Always Away and Our Man Flint will be in contact with recruitment agencies in a fortnight's time to enquire whether they have on their books people seeking chauffeur and household servant employment.

Is that right? I know absolutely nothing about bitcoins, however, I find that staggering ... $1,000 - $35m!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right? I know absolutely nothing about bitcoins, however, I find that staggering ... $1,000 - $35m!!!!!
    Here's the article - https://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-polic...-record-value/

Cheers for that!

I would guess those that made millions, back in 2010, would have bought their Bitcoins for a couple of quid or less?

I tried to buy Ethereum on Thursday evening - the price was dropping down towards the 200GBP mark and I was about to pull the trigger on my first ever purchase when ... the site (Coinbase) went down for maintenance! When I was finally able to get back on (next morning), the price had risen again to the 260GBP mark. It had gone down to 206GBP, so I can't say for certain that I would have bought, as I had my mind set on 200GBP.

Yes, I'll get some. Five max at these prices. For what it's worth I take its phenomenal rise along with that of other cryptos as another sign that the financial status quo hasn't long to run.
    Oh yeah baby, who wouldn't want to short fiat!!

£1892.25. That's, what, a 3% rise in the past few hours. Dare we say global hyperinflation is imminent?

£1892.25. That's, what, a 3% rise in the past few hours. Dare we say global hyperinflation is imminent?
    It has gone up nearly 50% since I started this thread.
    I am sure it will crash but it will recover again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It's always been the way of Bitcoin, it rises sharply then crashes, then rises higher and crashes and so on. At the moment there's a lot of interest in the technologies that are being developed on the back of Bitcoin but pretty much all analysts will tell you it's due for its latest crash soon enough.

You'd be quite wise to be interested in holding some amount of BTC though, "in case of emergencies".
    Who is saying it's going to crash?

I trust about 3 people who have been consistently right so far and neither of them are talking about a "crash". Where it might wobble is in Sept when/if the folk happens. But again all 3 say that it'll rise again.