+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Up until a couple of days ago I had about £300 of BTC from where I've been buying £10 or £20 here and there over the past few months, I was using coinfloor.co.uk to buy.

Buying bits here and there is probably a bad idea due to having to pay the small fees (best to just buy Bitcoins in bulk if you can afford to) but I just wanted to see what it was like to be in on it and I did see a bit of growth since Bitcoin has risen quickly in recent times.

Then a couple of weeks ago I download Jaxx and used the ShapeShifter feature to switch half my BTC to ETH because I fancy ETH to be the next big thing.

But, I've now withdrawn all my crypto back into GPB in the last couple of days because I decided to use the money for marketing for my business. Could be a terrible decision but I have to drum up some business.

With regard to wallets, I was using blockchain.info and later Jaxx as wallets but I'm looking into hardware wallets for the future, especially if I end up reinvesting anything more significant than £300 because you just can't be too careful, heard a couple of scare stories.
    Cheers for the advice, again! Have been looking at Jaxx to use as a wallet and Kraken or Coinbase to use to buy the ETH. I assume the hardware wallets are more secure than something like Jaxx, at a cost of course?

Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Cheers for the advice, again! Have been looking at Jaxx to use as a wallet and Kraken or Coinbase to use to buy the ETH. I assume the hardware wallets are more secure than something like Jaxx, at a cost of course?
    I'm not sure about the costs of hardware wallets, if I can get back into investing in crypto I will be looking at it although, since I will be holding the currency for the long haul I might even create a paper wallet since it's free and the absolute most secure way to store cryptocurrencies in the long term.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/paper-tutorial