+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

  1. #1

    Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?


  2. #2

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    If true, it is good to see us trying to get business done early. Free transfer or not, IMO this is positive news.
    Spedger

  3. #3

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Simply on the basis of watching Goal Rush every week, I would be very pleased with this signing if true. He has looked brilliant on occasions.

  4. #4

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Soz Bob. Think you posted first, but didn't see it. Though according to Bloop, this is an "exclusive" elsewhere so we're both bag out of order.

    Has a whiff of believabilty about this one. The player is built like a tank!

    .................................................. ..........

    Cardiff City set to beat competition for signature of League One winger reports

    http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...ue-one-winger/

    Cardiff City are close to completing a move for Rochdale winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.


    The 25 year-old is set to join the club on a free transfer from League One side Rochdale according to the HITC Sport, rejecting advances from Wigan Athletic to instead join the Bluebirds.

    The pacey-winged has 10 goals in 49 appearances for the Dale this season, with goals a must for Cardiff City next season if they are to chase promotion.

    Cardiff already look set to sign goalkeeper Lee Camp on a free transfer and the signing of Mendez-Laing could start a flurry of transfer dealings from Neil Warnock.

    Speaking to the BBC, Warnock said the club had already lined up a number of targets and were in talks with a number of players.

    Ive agreed a couple of fringe players but Im looking to sign three or four players to add to that squad in the next few weeks.

    It might be the beginning of June because you cant really move that quick nowadays but it wont be for lack of trying.

    I think we could get three or four players in that squad in the team, I think the future is very bright.

    The signing of Mendez-Laing could see a possible departure from Cardiff City as the Bluebirds have a number of wingers at the club. Kadeem Harris has yet to sign a contract extension whilst Junior Hoilett who signed for the club back in November has yet to agree to stay at Cardiff.

  5. #5

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    To be fair he talked about 3 or 4 early squad type signings , yes lets get new in and old out ,Harris and others delaying on contracts can go in my view .

  6. #6

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    To be fair he talked about 3 or 4 early squad type signings , yes lets get new in and old out ,Harris and others delaying on contracts can go in my view .




    I get the feeling that this is NW's attitude. Don't think he is a man to be messed around and will be looking to get next seasons squad sorted asap

  7. #7

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    I'm not sure what Harris/Hoilett's angle is by delaying a deal

    They've been decent for us but I can't see them getting picked up by a better club were they to leave

  8. #8

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Taken from a Rochdale forum

    Trainee at Wolves, but failed to break through into the first team. Went out on loan to lower clubs, including Posh who took a punt and signed him for 100k. Then had issues with Darren Ferguson (Google the details) and signed on a free by Dale in August 2015. Since then has become much more highly regarded. But still a modest 8 league goals this season, and a career record of 0.13 goals per appearance.

    http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2017/...-mendez-laing/

    interesting part of that
    'He has the confidence to knock the ball a few yards in front of his opponent and back himself to beat them for pace'

    So basically Kadeem Harris!

  9. #9

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Going on his photo's on Google images Colin will do well to keep him out of the pie shop.

  10. #10

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    He looks a tank I like signings like these if it happens a lower league player want to prove himself in the champ and above.

  11. #11

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    To be fair he talked about 3 or 4 early squad type signings , yes lets get new in and old out ,Harris and others delaying on contracts can go in my view .
    ^^^This.
    Spedger

  12. #12

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    If true, it is good to see us trying to get business done early. Free transfer or not, IMO this is positive news.
    Spedger
    Act in haste repent in leisure??
    A free transfer from Rochdale....... Nicking him from under Wigans noses......ffs
    God help us

  13. #13

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Act in haste repent in leisure??
    A free transfer from Rochdale....... Nicking him from under Wigans noses......ffs
    God help us
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're not in the same market as Real Madrid

  14. #14

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're not in the same market as Real Madrid
    And that is your answer to our ambition to sign a QPR free cast off like Mackie and a a former Rochdale free transfer winger. Your powers of observation are amazing!!

  15. #15

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're not in the same market as Real Madrid
    But are in the same market as Wigan?

    It would be nice to be in the same market as a fellow Championship club.

  16. #16

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Act in haste repent in leisure??
    A free transfer from Rochdale....... Nicking him from under Wigans noses......ffs

    God help us
    Would be interested to hear what your thoughts were when Warnock signed Bamba and Hoilett on free transfers.
    Probably offer more than Noone has for the last 3 seasons.

  17. #17

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Act in haste repent in leisure??
    A free transfer from Rochdale....... Nicking him from under Wigans noses......ffs
    God help us
    Leicester once bought a forward from Fleetwood.....

  18. #18

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Leicester once bought a forward from Fleetwood.....
    That did not turn out to be all that bad.

  19. #19

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    That did not turn out to be all that bad.
    Twat was offside in the Euros against us last year, but aye, he's been ok.

  20. #20

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Kennedy has done well at the same level. Hows about giving him another go

  21. #21

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    I remember the majority moaning when we signed Mark Delaney from Carmarthen (I think it was?).

    A cheap roll of the dice if it happens

  22. #22

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    I trust Warnock's judgement over anything weve had in place before. Trollope, Slade, OGS, Malky, Lawrence and Jones

    With Warnocks promotion history - he has a canny knack of building strong teams up. Should be interesting and cant wait to see how things develop.

  23. #23

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I remember the majority moaning when we signed Mark Delaney from Carmarthen (I think it was?).

    A cheap roll of the dice if it happens
    Disaster that was. One season wonder then flogged him off to anyone who wanted him.

  24. #24

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I trust Warnock's judgement over anything weve had in place before. Trollope, Slade, OGS, Malky, Lawrence and Jones

    With Warnocks promotion history - he has a canny knack of building strong teams up. Should be interesting and cant wait to see how things develop.
    Same here, though I thought Malky had a good plan, which the club bollocksed up when they wanted promotion in 2 seasons instead of 3.

  25. #25

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I trust Warnock's judgement over anything weve had in place before. Trollope, Slade, OGS, Malky, Lawrence and Jones

    With Warnocks promotion history - he has a canny knack of building strong teams up. Should be interesting and cant wait to see how things develop.
    Warnock has had some crap sides too, not everything he touches turns to gold

  26. #26

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Warnock has had some crap sides too, not everything he touches turns to gold
    Important to realise this. He's a good manager, but it's not a guarantee of anything.

  27. #27

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Important to realise this. He's a good manager, but it's not a guarantee of anything.
    Provided he adds to the side and doesn't break it up, I think it'll go well. He's already worked minor miracles with the current squad. We've been getting too many points since Jan for it to be a fluke and I think he knows this.

  28. #28

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Would be interested to hear what your thoughts were when Warnock signed Bamba and Hoilett on free transfers.
    Probably offer more than Noone has for the last 3 seasons.
    Really??
    Bamba has presided over a -1 goal difference and Hoilett has a record of 33 league apps scoring 2 goals. Which is incidentally almost exactly the same as NOone this season (33 apps 2 goals) so no i dont think its a strong point you make? I would be far more impressed with say Ben Turner joining tiny burton on a free and presiding over a defence conceding only 2 more goals than us?? Or Scott Malone another Cardiff reject reaching the play offs with Fulham? Huds at Hudersfield Now they were three very good free transfers picked up from us

  29. #29

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Really??
    Bamba has presided over a -1 goal difference and Hoilett has a record of 33 league apps scoring 2 goals. Which is incidentally almost exactly the same as NOone this season (33 apps 2 goals) so no i dont think its a strong point you make? I would be far more impressed with say Ben Turner joining tiny burton on a free and presiding over a defence conceding only 2 more goals than us?? Or Scott Malone another Cardiff reject reaching the play offs with Fulham? Huds at Hudersfield Now they were three very good free transfers picked up from us
    My god, you're a miserable c**t.

  30. #30

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    My god, you're a miserable c**t.
    I do wonder if he actually supports Cardiff as all he seems to do is spread as much negativity about the club as he possibly can

  31. #31

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Really??
    Bamba has presided over a -1 goal difference and Hoilett has a record of 33 league apps scoring 2 goals. Which is incidentally almost exactly the same as NOone this season (33 apps 2 goals) so no i
    dont think its a strong point you make? I would be far more impressed with say Ben Turner joining tiny burton on a free and presiding over a defence conceding only 2 more goals than us?? Or Scott Malone another Cardiff reject reaching the play offs with Fulham? Huds at Hudersfield Now they were three very good free transfers picked up from us
    I would suggest Bamba has been a rock and held the back four together. Hudson and Turner loyal stalwarts but have had their best days. Hoilett is a far better alround player than NOone whose time is up.

  32. #32

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    My god, you're a miserable c**t.
    And you are a moron but i will have a brain in the morning you on the other hand??

  33. #33

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    I would suggest Bamba has been a rock and held the back four together. Hudson and Turner loyal stalwarts but have had their best days. Hoilett is a far better alround player than NOone whose time is up.
    Behave ...... Bamba is 4 years older than Turner.

  34. #34

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I do wonder if he actually supports Cardiff as all he seems to do is spread as much negativity about the club as he possibly can

    Grow up you cretin..... Dont talk to me about negativity you and ot hers were spreading heap loads of it last season !!

  35. #35

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Really??
    Bamba has presided over a -1 goal difference
    No he hasn't. In league games Bamba took part in, our goal difference tally is +8. Our overall goal difference under Warnock is +10. You can't include results under Trollope when Bamba wasn't even at the club.

  36. #36

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    I never understand it when people who pick a position on a manager and never change no matter what.

    Loads did it with Slade and even DJ and Malky. Now we have 2 simpletons who moan whatever Warnock does.

    Why can't people just be objective ffs?

  37. #37

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I never understand it when people who pick a position on a manager and never change no matter what.

    Loads did it with Slade and even DJ and Malky. Now we have 2 simpletons who moan whatever Warnock does.

    Why can't people just be objective ffs?
    I suppose the main options are:

    1. They feel it's vital to prove they were right all along to save face
    2. Attention-seeking
    3. They genuinely still believe in their position

    I think you can draw you own conclusions according to the poster.

  38. #38

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I never understand it when people who pick a position on a manager and never change no matter what.

    Loads did it with Slade and even DJ and Malky. Now we have 2 simpletons who moan whatever Warnock does.

    Why can't people just be objective ffs?
    If that is aimed at me are ould remind you and others i have praised NW for what he has achieved since arrived.

  39. #39

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Behave ...... Bamba is 4 years older than Turner.
    Bamber is a far better player, the club didn't renew Turner's contract they obviously didn't rate him. In fairness he was solid enough defending but a liability with the ball at his feet.

  40. #40

    Re: Could our first signing of the summer be a free transfer from Rochdale?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Grow up you cretin..... Dont talk to me about negativity you and ot hers were spreading heap loads of it last season !!

    hit a nerve did I babes??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •