+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Amazon

Amazon

I bought a lawn mower in February from them for £180 because it had "£100 off" and I needed one anyway this year. Tried it out and although it does the job and works I wasn't happy with the build quality so asked about returning it.

I had an email back apologising and saying that they'd already arranged to send me a new one or to email them back if I'd prefer a refund but to just keep the mower I'm not happy with!!

I've had my refund and today they've delivered another new one as well, by error obviously.

Apologies for my Blue Matt moment here but can't believe the level of service from them to not even want the mower back it's fine just a bit crap!

Cool story bro.

Thanks

Re: Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I bought a lawn mower in February from them for £180 because it had "£100 off" and I needed one anyway this year. Tried it out and although it does the job and works I wasn't happy with the build quality so asked about returning it.

I had an email back apologising and saying that they'd already arranged to send me a new one or to email them back if I'd prefer a refund but to just keep the mower I'm not happy with!!

I've had my refund and today they've delivered another new one as well, by error obviously.

Apologies for my Blue Matt moment here but can't believe the level of service from them to not even want the mower back it's fine just a bit crap!

Cool story bro.

Thanks
    thumb_COLOURBOX11256897.jpg

Funny you should say that. In my work I am in charge of buying tassimo pods. We buy hundreds of them.

I sent an email asking for their comment on the fact that a handful had been faulty yesterday. It wasn't even a complaint.

I had a message late night saying "your order has been dispatched". 320 tassimo pods worth over 70 quid. Free of charge.

And they arrived half an hour ago.

Either they've got too much money/pods to care, or some numpty is charge of customer service and doesn't care. They didn't even reply to my first comment, just sent all that

Insane.

Richyrich

Amazon are great and will really look after you if you've been a good customer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Funny you should say that. In my work I am in charge of buying tassimo pods. We buy hundreds of them.

I sent an email asking for their comment on the fact that a handful had been faulty yesterday. It wasn't even a complaint.

I had a message late night saying "your order has been dispatched". 320 tassimo pods worth over 70 quid. Free of charge.

Either they've got too much money/pods to care, or some numpty is charge of customer service and doesn't care. They didn't even reply to my first comment, just sent all that

Insane.
    Nuts innit!

I'm guessing they just pass on the hit to the manufacturer who can't afford to upset the mighty Amazon!

I feel quite bad now but I'm sure I'll get over it

Now to see if they realise they've sent me a new one as well as refunding me

Nuts innit!

I'm guessing they just pass on the hit to the manufacturer who can't afford to upset the mighty Amazon!

I feel quite bad now but I'm sure I'll get over it

Now to see if they realise they've sent me a new one as well as refunding me

One of their top managers reads this board , he rarely posts.

He travels on our coaches. (he's posh. he lives in lower Penarth )

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    One of their top managers reads this board , he rarely posts.

He travels on our coaches. (he's posh. he lives in lower Penarth )
    What? The beach?

One of the side-benefits of the modern online world.

Oftentimes easier to let things go, or 'overwhelm' the customer in order to avoid negativity perhaps.

Another example:
    We bought a large Oak coffee table online recently.
    It arrived, was carried in , unpacked - looked great, like in the photos.
    Then Mrs Eye of Sauron spots a relatively small mark/flaw on the surface. I would have let it go TBH, but .. fair enough.. it wasn't good enough really, I suppose.
    As we'd paid a fair bit for the thing, wife lets the supplier know straight away .
    Firstly they wanted photos. We managed to do that and capture the mark - sort of.
    They said, OK you will have to return it. Alright, says wife, but how the heck do we pack it? Hang on a minute says the rep. A minute later, he comes back on the line - 'full refund' and are you willing to go to the trouble of disposing of it yourself (?!) or just keep it?

Cough.. umm OK..
    We only wanted/expected an apology or small refund
    Free Oak table

Insane.
    70 quid?!?!?

CRAZY!!!!

Probably the cost of 320 pods isn't worth even answering your "complaint"

Where do you work? Fochriw?

Amazon's secret refund giveaway revealed

http://dailym.ai/2qfHyIF

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Amazon's secret refund giveaway revealed

http://dailym.ai/2qfHyIF
    I can understand a £10 item getting refunded. In my case I assume it was the cost of returning the item.

Delighting the customer taken to a whole new level.

It's got very litttle to do with delighting the customer.

Deliveries are planned to within an inch of their lives, routes, timinings, etc planned out meticulously to minimise cost.

Making a collection is a separate process, more often than not, a separate van would be despatched, empty on the way to your gaff, then back again with just your return. I'm a bit out of touch these days, but that's going to cost a lot more than a tenner.

Its the power of on-line feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Its the power of on-line feedback.
    He's called Tiss now mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's got very litttle to do with delighting the customer.

Deliveries are planned to within an inch of their lives, routes, timinings, etc planned out meticulously to minimise cost.

Making a collection is a separate process, more often than not, a separate van would be despatched, empty on the way to your gaff, then back again with just your return. I'm a bit out of touch these days, but that's going to cost a lot more than a tenner.
    Is it not worth picking up a nearly new fully functioning £180 lawn mower then considering the amazon van delivers down my street most days either then?

Is it not worth picking up a nearly new fully functioning £180 lawn mower then considering the amazon van delivers down my street most days either then?
    That van will be full and be loaded in such a way that makes deliveries as efficient as possible. Lobbing your lawn mower in the back would a. Slow them down b. Interfere with the rest of the deliveries and c. Would probably still need a separate trip to the correct depot.

I know it sounds mad, but most large companies will have separate delivery and collection systems.

That said, I've never heard of something that valuable being fully refunded without a return.

Insane.
    That is impressive.

"In charge of buying the Tassimo pods" in other words the teaboy

Nothing like the load of caffeine addicts moaning when they're out of pods!.

Work production probably plummets.

Nothing like the load of caffeine addicts moaning when they're out of pods!.

Work production probably plummets.
    When I was a yound lad I used to take the breakfast order for the cafe across the road from our factory. 2 hours skiving and charge an extra 10p to everyone so id get myself free sausage sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    When I was a yound lad I used to take the breakfast order for the cafe across the road from our factory. 2 hours skiving and charge an extra 10p to everyone so id get myself free sausage sandwich.
    This is screaming innuendo. 2 hours for that, suspect...

This is screaming innuendo. 2 hours for that, suspect...
    I made £3.10 in two hours!

Who gave you the 10p?

They all did.