+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: cyber attack on our health service and other countries

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: cyber attack on our health service and other countries

When you think about it, the technological advances made in the past quarter of a century have been gigantic. Those of us old enough to remember what was considered cutting edge back in the early nineties can only shake our heads in wonderment at what's possible now. However, although humans have been responsible for creating the environment in which these amazing leaps forward have been achieved, I can't help thinking that our race is, if anything, regressing as all of the things that are supposed to improve the quality of our lives become taken for granted.

I say that in particular when it comes to things like morality, ordinary decency and ethics. That probably makes me sound like some sort of prude, but, increasingly, I look at some many facets of our existence today and think that the human race took a wrong turning somewhere around the end of the last century. There have always been financially greedy people around, but there's almost a greed is good culture these days which extends into so much of our lives in ways that stretch beyond the corporate and political spheres.

I see some in this thread have said that this cyber attack was not aimed at the NHS. Now, maybe I'm jumping to a wrong conclusion here and I apologise in advance to those involved if I am, but that sounds to me as if they are, if not condoning what happened yesterday, then implying at least that it's not as bad as has been made out.

My view is quite different to that - if there is any evidence that a single person died or will die as a result of how the NHS was effected yesterday, I hope the greedy bastards responsible are charged with murder if they are identified.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 13-05-17 at 05:53.