+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toxic Atmosphere

Toxic Atmosphere

Kevin McNaughton on City PL relegation.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...rness-10412459

Re: Toxic Atmosphere

I have more than a suspicion (it was alluded to by a few ITK at the time) regards one of the sources of this supposed 'toxicity' but I also suspect that it wouldn't be a popular thing to bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I have more than a suspicion (it was alluded to by a few ITK at the time) regards one of the sources of this supposed 'toxicity' but I also suspect that it wouldn't be a popular thing to bring up.
    C'mon spill the beans.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Future manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Future manager?
    My thoughts too. Wouldn't be the first time either would it

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Kevin McNaughton on City PL relegation.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...rness-10412459
    He sounds very bitter, didn't he have 10 well paid years here?? I remember seeing him in Jump, the kids play centre in our premier league season one Saturday afternoon. To say he didn't look a very happy bunny was an understatement.....

Just tell us. We can take it.

Whitts causing shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Whitts causing shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Best that I don't , as it was not my info in the first place, but a couple of posters seem to have arrived at a conclusion that doesn't differ from what I remember being said at the time.

Best that I don't , as it was not my info in the first place, but a couple of posters seem to have arrived at a conclusion that doesn't differ from what I remember being said at the time.
    ****ing Whits, knew it!

I don't get how anything Kevin McNaughton says in that interview can be construed as a sign that Craig Bellamy (cos that's who we're talking about here isn't it) was responsible for the "toxic atmosphere" at the club when we got relegated. There's only one person mentioned by name by Super Kev and, surely, the implication is that he thought the new players brought in by Ole were the problem?

Those seeking to blame Bellamy are conveniently forgetting that he was part of a Championship winning squad a season earlier which many said were not the most talented in the league, but had a belief and spirit which was not bettered that year. It's also odd that, if McNaughton really is talking about Bellamy in that article, why would Bellars have come out of retirement to captain and manage one of the sides in his testimonial match six weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't get how anything Kevin McNaughton says in that interview can be construed as a sign that Craig Bellamy (cos that's who we're talking about here isn't it) was responsible for the "toxic atmosphere" at the club when we got relegated. There's only one person mentioned by name by Super Kev and, surely, the implication is that he thought the new players brought in by Ole were the problem?

Those seeking to blame Bellamy are conveniently forgetting that he was part of a Championship winning squad a season earlier which many said were not the most talented in the league, but had a belief and spirit which was not bettered that year. It's also odd that, if McNaughton really is talking about Bellamy in that article, why would Bellars have come out of retirement to captain and manage one of the sides in his testimonial match six weeks ago?
    Exactly right.

Very fair points.

I shouldn't have piped up in the first place.
    I do remember some stories at the time.

Anyhow, it is also possible that if Ole's influx plyers where 'the problem' - then 'problem' with whom? - each other? or in the eyes of established players? Both?

Perhaps it's a sleeping dog best left alone ;)

I'm with you 100% here Bob, which is why in an earlier thread, I asked for the beans to be spilt. My thoughts, and my thoughts alone, would be that any toxic atmosphere would have been created by players Ole brought in

At Cardiff the low mood was way more apparent. Solskjaer came in as manager and brought a lot of new players. It just didn’t settle."

The atmosphere in the changing room was terrible – it was pretty toxic.
    I don't think his comments are too controversial or surprising if we think back to the circumstances under which we got relegated. From the summer before that season started to that Christmas to the end (and going forward in time to when Ole left and Slade was brought in) it was far from a coherent structure, far from a clear plan and a club where manager and owner, owner and players, owner and fans, fans and fans were all clashing with each other. Why wouldn't it be a toxic atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't think his comments are too controversial or surprising if we think back to the circumstances under which we got relegated. From the summer before that season started to that Christmas to the end (and going forward in time to when Ole left and Slade was brought in) it was far from a coherent structure, far from a clear plan and a club where manager and owner, owner and players, owner and fans, fans and fans were all clashing with each other. Why wouldn't it be a toxic atmosphere?
    This. The whole club was toxic. From the very top down.