+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hull relegated with Sunderland and M'boro

Re: Hull relegated with Sunderland and M'boro

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    And those poor teams won't be there next season so unless they spend some money they'll be around the bottom again
    Newcastle and Brighton will be stronger, that's for sure. I fancy Fulham to be ok if they go up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was waiting for the Tory to blame post .

I think the ice age was started by the buggers as well.
    ��
    Probably was. May is a bloody ice woman.

Re: Hull. Fecking useless

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    After putting up a fight for so long, now going down with a fecking whimper

Any team that loses at home to Sunderland don't deserve to stay up.

Hopefully the teams going up this year will contribute a bit more than the shite that is hull and boro.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That Hull-Sunderland game changed the relegation battle completely. Had Hull won it and gone 5 points clear, Swansea would have been under severe pressure. As it was, they faced Everton in a far more comfortable frame of mind.

Next season should be fun, though. Sigurdsson will surely be gone, Llorente too. They're the only two players that have kept them up. Unless they invest heavily, they could be next season's Sunderland.
    Sigurdsson's already left us once and ended up getting splinters in his arse weekly. He's the first name on the teamsheet at Swansea. He deserves a top 6 club but he wants to play, not spend his time on the bench again. Llorente has become an out-and-out Jack - he's enjoying himself. Now that we have PL football again next season, he might well stay.
    Either way, you're dead right - we need to invest heavily.....but wisely. No more £15m fees for the likes of Borja Baston. That means keeping Huw Jenkins away from the transfer market. Clement was responsible for bringing in Carroll, Olsson, Ayew (J) and Narsingh. Huge improvement on some of the dross brought in by Jenkins. There'll be a riot if Clement is not given major responsibility for new players. This season has been a real frightener. I doubt it'll be repeated in the short term. Thanks for some of the generous comments above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Hull's ground in the middle of nowhere with wasteland all around the outside

Absolute dump

Opinions !

Hull is a great trip, no restrictions, great workingmens club (+pubs) 10 minutes walking distance from the stadium, you must be going to the wrong ground !

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Sigurdsson's already left us once and ended up getting splinters in his arse weekly. He's the first name on the teamsheet at Swansea. He deserves a top 6 club but he wants to play, not spend his time on the bench again. Llorente has become an out-and-out Jack - he's enjoying himself. Now that we have PL football again next season, he might well stay.
    Either way, you're dead right - we need to invest heavily.....but wisely. No more £15m fees for the likes of Borja Baston. That means keeping Huw Jenkins away from the transfer market. Clement was responsible for bringing in Carroll, Olsson, Ayew (J) and Narsingh. Huge improvement on some of the dross brought in by Jenkins.
    Of the 20 goals you've scored in the league since Clement came in, 17 of them were either scored by Llorente or Sigurdsson, or came courtesy of a Sigurdsson assist. For all the players you mentioned, they really came to the fore when Llorente was out. Had Llorente been out for the season, Swansea would have gone down.

Of course Sigurdsson will be gone. Wages will determine so.

What a charming love-in thread with our Jack friends out west

Hope Sunderland go down again absolutely useless its like did everything they could to make the jacks safe turn up against Hull and roll over against the jacks at home the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's not just three trips up north for the relegated clubs next season, there's another two with Sheffield United and Bolton coming up and I bet Bradford beat Millwall in the Play Off Final as well.
    I bet you are right.
    And I bet either Fulham or Reading go up
    Leaving us with trips to 'Uddesfield and the remoter outskirts of Sheffield. FFS....

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    As I've said before, it's only a matter of time before the JBs get relegated. They've got weaker every year. It's going to be another long struggle for them next season. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their fans would be relieved when it finally happens.
    Yes, that's a fair assessment. Gonzo was on Radio Wales last night and as usual the pricks didn't probe him. In essence we'll be running the same model under the Americans with perhaps the lease of the stadium acquired.

Gonzo said that we should work within financial parameters, well excuse me but why didn't he do that before? He's burned through managers and signed (more often than not) average players/those that don't fit our style and racked up a 20m operating loss.

The sooner that parasite is out of the club, the better. Hopefully we'll hear more from the Trust's QC on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Yes, that's a fair assessment. Gonzo was on Radio Wales last night and as usual the pricks didn't probe him. In essence we'll be running the same model under the Americans with perhaps the lease of the stadium acquired.

Gonzo said that we should work within financial parameters, well excuse me but why didn't he do that before? He's burned through managers and signed (more often than not) average players/those that don't fit our style and racked up a 20m operating loss.

The sooner that parasite is out of the club, the better. Hopefully we'll hear more from the Trust's QC on the matter
    I took a breif look at planet swans when you were in deep shit and all the talk was about revolt and protests. I had a look when you were doing well and everything was hunky dory.

This is not a criticism as such but just an observation of how much fans will put up with for success. You or Hull would be no different to us if you had been rebranded. We as fans have very little power and there is a disease running through the English game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I took a breif look at planet swans when you were in deep shit and all the talk was about revolt and protests. I had a look when you were doing well and everything was hunky dory.

This is not a criticism as such but just an observation of how much fans will put up with for success. You or Hull would be no different to us if you had been rebranded. We as fans have very little power and there is a disease running through the English game.
    Again, hard not to agree with that. I refuse to put another penny directly into the club whilst the previous regime are rewarded for the way they sold the club. Although there is talk that the previous owners are tapping people up to post on their behalf and spin things. I await with interest to see what the Trust's next move is, if there's a case to force a share sale they have to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Again, hard not to agree with that. I refuse to put another penny directly into the club whilst the previous regime are rewarded for the way they sold the club. Although there is talk that the previous owners are tapping people up to post on their behalf and spin things. I await with interest to see what the Trust's next move is, if there's a case to force a share sale they have to go for it.
    The sad thing is that, for everyone who walks away in protest at a club when they're in the Premier League, there are plenty of so-called fans waiting in the wings to come in. That's the true devil in this. We lost a good number of fans over the rebrand, that's been well documented, but they were easily replaced by others wanting to watch a Championship winning team and team in the top division. Once we went down and it was clear there were problems, those new fans disappeared. Combine that with the fans who had left a few seasons before and attendances plummeted quite dramatically to the point where Tan could no longer ignore it, unlike when we were in the Premier League and those leaving over his rebrand didn't affect him whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The sad thing is that, for everyone who walks away in protest at a club when they're in the Premier League, there are plenty of so-called fans waiting in the wings to come in. That's the true devil in this. We lost a good number of fans over the rebrand, that's been well documented, but they were easily replaced by others wanting to watch a Championship winning team and team in the top division. Once we went down and it was clear there were problems, those new fans disappeared. Combine that with the fans who had left a few seasons before and attendances plummeted quite dramatically to the point where Tan could no longer ignore it, unlike when we were in the Premier League and those leaving over his rebrand didn't affect him whatsoever.
    Again, spot on. I'm glad we didn't go down, as too many people would have been on the sausage roll and the City is f*cked enough as it is. My boy is going to be really happy when I take him to see Stevenage play, then again, it's his nearest pro team...