+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drivel on Wales Online

Drivel on Wales Online

Who writes this stuff? It is absolutely awful. There's spelling mistakes, factual errors and some of it is just plain wrong?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...citys-13044589

Kimbo is running past Matty Kennedy but they've put Connolly, and somehow in a window where we signed Velikonja, Kimbo was our worst singing.

Please can we have Phil Smith back?

Re: Drivel on Wales Online

"Some of Cardiff's recent summer signings have been brilliant, but others have not been so good"

Absolutely electric writing.

Not that I'd ever get paid to write anything.

No idea how he can said Saadi is a good signing due to his form for a different team. Then say Guido B is a bad signing. Agree with most.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    "Some of Cardiff's recent summer signings have been brilliant, but others have not been so good"

Absolutely electric writing.

Not that I'd ever get paid to write anything.

No idea how he can said Saadi is a good signing due to his form for a different team. Then say Guido B is a bad signing. Agree with most.
    In fairness, I wanted to pull him up on that but our permanent signings in the summer of 2015 were Saadi, Ajayi, Tamas, Weymans and Blaise. On the basis that Saadi actually played a league game, he's probably the best.

They've changed the article since yesterday.
    They originally had Frazier Campbell as our best summer signing of 2012 until someone on twitter pointed out that he was signed in January.

Kimbo bummers keeping quiet these days

Please tell me thats written by a City blogger and not a paid sports journalist?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, I wanted to pull him up on that but our permanent signings in the summer of 2015 were Saadi, Ajayi, Tamas, Weymans and Blaise. On the basis that Saadi actually played a league game, he's probably the best.
    I'd forgotten about Weymans. Wasn't he supposed to be a genuine transfer coup, a real star of the future? He's only 19 but we've heard nothing of him since he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd forgotten about Weymans. Wasn't he supposed to be a genuine transfer coup, a real star of the future? He's only 19 but we've heard nothing of him since he signed.
    He was, we signed him for PSV. I think I remember Slade saying afterwards he was a bit of an unknown quantity, he's got youth caps for Belgium though so he can't be total rubbish. He signed a 3 year deal so maybe he'll get loaned out this year or moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Please tell me thats written by a City blogger and not a paid sports journalist?
    Unfortunately, that person is employed by the paper.

That has to be up there as one of the worst summer windows in championship history.

They know more than me but i was disappointed then let Ajayi go.

He was, we signed him for PSV. I think I remember Slade saying afterwards he was a bit of an unknown quantity, he's got youth caps for Belgium though so he can't be total rubbish. He signed a 3 year deal so maybe he'll get loaned out this year or moved on?
    Yes, the unknown quantity sounds more like it. Not knocking the kid whatsoever, but I suspect that if he was a real potential Belgian star of the future, he wouldn't be with us.

Yes, the unknown quantity sounds more like it. Not knocking the kid whatsoever, but I suspect that if he was a real potential Belgian star of the future, he wouldn't be with us.
    Quite! I think the giveaway should have been when PSV were happy to send him to us for free. I'm sure TOBW has said he's played quite well for the youth sides so maybe there's a player there?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    That has to be up there as one of the worst summer windows in championship history.

They know more than me but i was disappointed then let Ajayi go.
    Ajayi has dropped multiple clangers for Rotherham, he's very much a work in progress, and we got a fee for him.

Personally, I think the previous window was worse. We spent vast sums of money (in transfer fees and wages) on Burgstaller, ALF, Dikaghoi, Guerra, Macheda and Adeyemi, while spending more on Pilks, Morrison and Manga. The first 6 were unmitigated disasters and cost combined more money than Cornelius in transfer fees and wages.

Quite! I think the giveaway should have been when PSV were happy to send him to us for free. I'm sure TOBW has said he's played quite well for the youth sides so maybe there's a player there?
    I don't know why, but I've got this image in my head now of Weymans being stuck with his suitcases in PSV's reception area while his agent frantically rings around club after club!

Ajayi has dropped multiple clangers for Rotherham, he's very much a work in progress, and we got a fee for him.

Personally, I think the previous window was worse. We spent vast sums of money (in transfer fees and wages) on Burgstaller, ALF, Dikaghoi, Guerra, Macheda and Adeyemi, while spending more on Pilks, Morrison and Manga. The first 6 were unmitigated disasters and cost combined more money than Cornelius in transfer fees and wages.
    Yes. Malky has been heavily criticised for the Cornelius signing, yet Solskjaer's record with Tan's chequebook is frighteningly bad.

Even the general stories about Wales on there, are shit. If someone drops a crisp packet, in town, they're all over it, like it's the welsh version of 9.11. its like fukall intresting happens in wales

Yes. Malky has been heavily criticised for the Cornelius signing, yet Solskjaer's record with Tan's chequebook is frighteningly bad.
    OGS signed Eikrem, Daehli, Berget, Jones, Fabio and Cala in the Prem. Fabio was probably a success, and Daehli could be a good player but the rest, the less said about them the better.

Quite a few of the players solskjaer signed look like they actually have ability, just his team was a shambles.