Fulham 1 - 1 Reading
    Huddersfield 0 - 0 Sheff Weds

Some ex City players involved in the games. Gunter, Malone, Loovens

Re: Championship play offs all level after first legs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Fulham 1 - 1 Reading
    Huddersfield 0 - 0 Sheff Weds

Some ex City players involved in the games. Gunter, Malone, Loovens
    Think it will be a Fulham v Huddersfield final, with Fulham winning the final, to ensure the City's trend for Northern away trips expand further for next year .

We will see.Can't wait for Tuesday. None of the top six have beaten us at our place this season and it would be good for little ole Reading to beat the red hot favourites.Strange. I thought we finished third.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We will see.Can't wait for Tuesday. None of the top six have beaten us at our place this season and it would be good for little ole Reading to beat the red hot favourites.Strange. I thought we finished third.
    Just realised I've tipped you to go up in the predictor league thing.

Which probably means you'll be missing out if my previous tips are anything to go by.

Probably the first time in a long while that I won't mind any of the four play off teams going up - usually there's at least one horrible club that I really don't want to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Which probably means you'll be missing out if my previous tips are anything to go by.

Probably the first time in a long while that I won't mind any of the four play off teams going up - usually there's at least one horrible club that I really don't want to succeed.
    Sheffield Wednesday.

Dr L we have been written off as rank outsiders despite finishing four points clear in third and having collected more points than any other play off contender over the final ten games. Yet its Fulham who are 'in form'. We just might surprise people on Tuesday night.

Dr L we have been written off as rank outsiders despite finishing four points clear in third and having collected more points than any other play off contender over the final ten games. Yet its Fulham who are 'in form'. We just might surprise people on Tuesday night.
    I think the problem is that you've looked nailed on for a play off spot for so long that people have almost forgotten about you, whereas Fulham came up and (joyfully) pinched Leeds' place so people have noticed how well they've done recently.

Always better to fly under the radar and let others deal with the expectation imo.

Good luck Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday.
    Got no problem with them at all.

Decent club with generally tidy fans.

Not like those pigs that have just come up from league one.

I think the problem is that you've looked nailed on for a play off spot for so long that people have almost forgotten about you, whereas Fulham came up and (joyfully) pinched Leeds' place so people have noticed how well they've done recently.

Always better to fly under the radar and let others deal with the expectation imo.

Good luck Tuesday.
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday.
    Got no problem with them at all.

Decent club with generally tidy fans.

Not like those pigs that have just come up from league one.

Ya, great club, £37 for away fans !!!!

I hope Fulham beat Reading. Reading only had 3 shots in the entire game in the first leg and their goal should have been disallowed

I couldn't believe you were 5-1 to get promoted the other day! You finished 3rd, I've put a tenner on anyway. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hope Fulham beat Reading. Reading only had 3 shots in the entire game in the first leg and their goal should have been disallowed
    Reading went and did a job on Fulham. Must be the first time in football history anyone has done that...

Also, Fulham had 2 shots on target, it was hardly a backs to the wall job by Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Reading went and did a job on Fulham. Must be the first time in football history anyone has done that...

Also, Fulham had 2 shots on target, it was hardly a backs to the wall job by Reading.
    Fulham had 12 shots to Readings 3.
    Reading also conceded a huge number of shots throughout the season. More than they had themselves which is bizarre for a team in 3rd. Their keeper made the second highest number of saves in the division.

They probably have a very well organised side that forces people to shoot from distance, but it's hard to get excited about that as a neutral.
    Give me Fulham's swashbuckling approach any day.

Reading also conceded a huge number of shots throughout the season. More than they had themselves which is bizarre for a team in 3rd. Their keeper made the second highest number of saves in the division.

They probably have a very well organised side that forces people to shoot from distance, but it's hard to get excited about that as a neutral.
    Reading did a job on Fulham. Made them look pretty ordinary on the whole. Wouldnt be surprised to see Reading nick this one.

Shot stats can be open to debate, Reading had a positive goal difference and have scored more than Huddersfield and Sheff Wed. Teams are probably taking pot shots against Reading, I don't remember Fulham creating too many clear cut chances. Anyone that is making that number of saves must mean, he's good but also, the shots must be fairly run of the mill and easy to save.

Yeah Leeds had that accolade all to themselves. Just missed out, awe........

And Monk, a real charmer.....

Shot stats can be open to debate, Reading had a positive goal difference and have scored more than Huddersfield and Sheff Wed. Teams are probably taking pot shots against Reading, I don't remember Fulham creating too many clear cut chances. Anyone that is making that number of saves must mean, he's good but also, the shots must be fairly run of the mill and easy to save.
    Their goal difference was like +4. And it was negative with only a couple of weeks to go.
    Fulham were what +27?
    They'll probably go and win the bloody thing though.

Their goal difference was like +4. And it was negative with only a couple of weeks to go.
    Fulham were what +27?
    They'll probably go and win the bloody thing though.
    So what? Fulham can't defend, that's clear for all to see. We scored 4 times against them this season for crying out loud.

I've just said Reading have scored more goals than two of the other play off sides but that doesn't suit your narrative.

So what? Fulham can't defend, that's clear for all to see. We scored 4 times against them this season for crying out loud.

I've just said Reading have scored more goals than two of the other play off sides but that doesn't suit your narrative.
    Fulham who apparently can't defend have conceded fewer goals than Reading this season and have the fifth best defensive record in the league. As well as the joint best attack (in terms of goals scored).

Whenever I criticise a team they inevitably go on to win anyway so they may as well promote Reading already tbh.

Fulham who apparently can't defend have conceded fewer goals than Reading this season and have the fifth best defensive record in the league. As well as the joint best attack (in terms of goals scored).

Whenever I criticise a team they inevitably go on to win anyway so they may as well promote Reading already tbh.
    Fulham do not have the 5th best defensive record. It's decent but pretty run of the mill. I don't see what anyone has against Reading, they're 3rd, so they're the most deserving to go up. Also, if they keep Stam, they'll be decent next season as they're doing this with a team with very few stars (as far as I can tell!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Reading did a job on Fulham. Made them look pretty ordinary on the whole. Wouldnt be surprised to see Reading nick this one.
    Spot on. I don't think RJK saw the game. Fulham had one good chance in the first half which should have been flagged for a clear offside anyway. We were down to ten men for the last ten minutes and a further five minutes injury time and Fulham didn't create a single chance. Al Habsi didn't have to make a decent save all night and should have saved the cross leading up to their goal.

Fulham do not have the 5th best defensive record. It's decent but pretty run of the mill. I don't see what anyone has against Reading, they're 3rd, so they're the most deserving to go up. Also, if they keep Stam, they'll be decent next season as they're doing this with a team with very few stars (as far as I can tell!).
    Good man. You are on the money. RJK thinks we have fluked it this season.No we haven't. You cannot fluke a 46 game season spread over nine months. We finished with 85 points and did so four points clear in third place. We may/may not go up. If we do go up it will be on merit.

Good man. You are on the money. RJK thinks we have fluked it this season.No we haven't. You cannot fluke a 46 game season spread over nine months. We finished with 85 points and did so four points clear in third place. We may/may not go up. If we do go up it will be on merit.
    If you go up, I'm assuming you'd need a bit of an overhaul though, is that a fair comment? You'd know more of what it takes to step up to the Premier League than us though! I genuinely can't remember when a team was in the playoffs and so unfancied, especially when they finished third! Also, I had absolutely no idea your form was so good, everyone was waxing lyrically about Fulham and Sheff Wed, you've really gone under the radar.

If you go up, I'm assuming you'd need a bit of an overhaul though, is that a fair comment? You'd know more of what it takes to step up to the Premier League than us though! I genuinely can't remember when a team was in the playoffs and so unfancied, especially when they finished third! Also, I had absolutely no idea your form was so good, everyone was waxing lyrically about Fulham and Sheff Wed, you've really gone under the radar.
    Yep we have picked up more points than either Fuham and Wednesday over the last ten matches but they are the in form teams apparently.
    There won't be a huge overhaul. We have a lot of young players who will be given a chance if we go up. Realistically we will go straight back down unless Stam does what Brendan Rogers did at Swansea and bring in quality loan signings like Gylfi Sgurdsson.