+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Juventus-Bottlers

Juventus-Bottlers

Not saying that Juve would have beaten Real, even if they had turned up, but I was shocked at their level of commitment to support the front two, their inability to keep the ball or show even an ounce of character during the game, they didn't create one chance, it was like they were beaten before the ball was kicked-gutless and inept.

Re: Juventus-Bottlers

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not saying that Juve would have beaten Real, even if they had turned up, but I was shocked at their level of commitment to support the front two, their inability to keep the ball or show even an ounce of character during the game, they didn't create one chance, it was like they were beaten before the ball was kicked-gutless and inept.
    They scored without creating one chance?

I thought they were the better side in the first half.
    But they forgot to come out for the second.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I thought they were the better side in the first half.
    But they forgot to come out for the second.
    Exactly what I thought - for me, Juve played well in the first half and should have been leading at half time. Odd what happened after that, I suppose Real deserve credit for sorting out the problems they were having in the first forty five minutes, but there was a chalk and cheese element to the Juve performances in either half and they could have few complaints at all about the outcome by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They scored without creating one chance?
    Yes, The goal was an act of brilliance, back to goal, took the ball at chest height with three defenders around him, and a keeper to beat that he couldn't see, I would have said that their was little chance of a goal being scored from that situation.

Real Madrid are by far the best team in Europe at the moment.
    Zidane has got them balanced in a way i haven't seen for a long time.

And what's frightening is that their second team is almost as good as their first!

Barcelona have got a lot of work to do to catch them this summer.
    Messi pretty much kept them in the title race on his own last season and without him they would be garbage at the moment.

They abondoned their principles under Pep and Laporte and have tried to sign their way to success.

Real Madrid have brought through more players than Barca recently in Asensio and Lucas Vasquez and that's disappointing considering the reputation of La Masia.

If i was Valverde I'd gp flat out to re sign Fabregas and Thiago in order to restore the dominant football that Barcelona were all about.

Xavi hasn't been replaced and Iniesta's best days are behind him but Denis Suarez, Arda Turan, Andre Gomes are simply not good enough.