+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FGR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FGR

Pleased for them. As a veggie def on my to do list.

Until I checked earlier on, I had always wrongly assumed the club was based in Staffordshire. Their ground's called The New Lawn (which gets top marks for blandness), and their Chairman could be easily mistaken for a smackhead. Here he is, Mr Dale Vince.

_94675329_vincee.jpg

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Until I checked earlier on, I had always wrongly assumed the club was based in Staffordshire. Their ground's called The New Lawn (which gets top marks for blandness), and their Chairman could be easily mistaken for a smackhead. Here he is, Mr Dale Vince.

_94675329_vincee.jpg
    Head of Ecotricity ... you can charge your electric car (free for Ecotricity customers) at most service stations.

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/for-the-road
    Last edited by Forest Green Bluebird; 14-05-17 at 18:30.

Is Nailsworth the smallest town to have a League club? Population 5,800.

Well done to them. For a small club it seems they have a bit of money behind them so might be able to consolidate next season - although this resulted in a rebrand a few years ago, so whether all fans were happy with the way the club has progressed it I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Well done to them. For a small club it seems they have a bit of money behind them so might be able to consolidate next season - although this resulted in a rebrand a few years ago, so whether all fans were happy with the way the club has progressed it I'm not sure.
    I don't think many were too bothered by the change from black & white stripes to green and black hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Understatement.

Heard on the radio earlier that FGR may be in breach of FFP rules.

To get around this the chairman (allegedly) has released shares in the club and bought them himself.

Whether there is any truth in this rumour, time will tell.