+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The first party political flyer I've received for the election.

The first party political flyer I've received for the election.

The Conservatives must be seriously targeting Cardiff West because, after receiving reams of paper from only Labour and Plaid Cymru during the council elections, they have sent me a flyer for the General election. Just like everything in their campaign so far, the Tories are short on detail, with their statement that June 8 offers us the choice of "Strong and stable leadership in the national interest" and "A Coalition of Chaos with Jeremy Corbyn"and a couple of quotes about "plots" by opposing parties that are not in the national interest being as much as they are willing to say at this stage. To emphasise the point, there's a colour picture of our strong and stable leader staring determinedly into the distance and black and white photos of Ms Sturgeon with Messrs Corbyn and Farron all pulling rather bemused faces - political debate at it's best it isn't.

Re: The first party political flyer I've received for the election.

The Conservative campaign has been absolutely dreadful and Michael Fallon on the Andrew Marr show this morning typified everything about it.

But as long as they park the bus so to speak they are going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Conservatives must be seriously targeting Cardiff West because, after receiving reams of paper from only Labour and Plaid Cymru during the council elections, they have sent me a flyer for the General election. Just like everything in their campaign so far, the Tories are short on detail, with their statement that June 8 offers us the choice of "Strong and stable leadership in the national interest" and "A Coalition of Chaos with Jeremy Corbyn"and a couple of quotes about "plots" by opposing parties that are not in the national interest being as much as they are willing to say at this stage. To emphasise the point, there's a colour picture of our strong and stable leader staring determinedly into the distance and black and white photos of Ms Sturgeon with Messrs Corbyn and Farron all pulling rather bemused faces - political debate at it's best it isn't.
    Toilet paper?

The march of the blue Tory army into Wales, reminds me of the opening scene of dad's army where the Germans are seen pushing forward across the channel from Europe, let's hope Pyke can stop them with his pitchfork as Frazier bellows ""We're all doomed"" will we see the home guard in the shape of the red scarfed Labour party finally push back the nasties ,and thier flyers,to the hinterlands.
    Last edited by life on mars; 14-05-17 at 19:42.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Toilet paper?
    This is where having a parrot comes in handy, she will chew them all.

Nicely put

Coming soon on Channel 5