+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What sites do you visit most - apart from CCMB?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What sites do you visit most - apart from CCMB?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I visit Liveleak everyday. Everything I know about the world mainly comes from what I have seen on that site. I think Liveleak could turn even the most soft headed idealist into a realist. The link below proves that there is no lower limit to human stupidity and misfortune.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=af8_1396840490

These are some of the things you soon learn on Liveleak :

Taking the escalator in China is legally classified as a suicide attempt. Ditto using a zebra crossing in Russia.
    Off-duty cops are responsible for the majority of deaths in Brazil.
    No one in China would ever dream of helping someone involved in a road accident. Even if you find yourself upside down in a car on Beijing High Street you will remain in that position for ever unless you can escape yourself.
    I've been to China quite a few times, and anyone who has been there more than a few weeks is likely to have seen a traffic accident, and I can certainly remember people helping out others, so I'm not sure about that last statement.
    China is of course enormous so perhaps there are some regional differences.

Re: What sites do you visit most - apart from CCMB?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've been to China quite a few times, and anyone who has been there more than a few weeks is likely to have seen a traffic accident, and I can certainly remember people helping out others, so I'm not sure about that last statement.
    China is of course enormous so perhaps there are some regional differences.
    Sadly, there's a general reluctance to be good Samaritans throughout China. Whenever anything unsavoury happens, there's a tendency for people to stand around and watch (or video), they just don't want to get involved.

A lot of it stems from a number of well publicised cases here, whereby, those trying to assist have actually been accused of aggravating the injury or indeed wrongly accused of being wholly responsible.
    A large number of the culprits were/are poor, old people, who see it as a means of extracting compensation from any would-be helper.
    It got to the point that if an old person collapsed in the street an ambulance might be called but no help offered by any onlookers.
    Some old people even started carrying cards on their person, stating that they wouldn't try to sue in any such event and please feel free to help them if required.