+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Florida/Orlando

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Florida/Orlando

Out of interest if you go with uber to park what happens with payment going into the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Out of interest if you go with uber to park what happens with payment going into the parks?
    Uber has got so popular that Disney now just wave them through to access the drop off areas outside each park. Universal has a drop-off area (same place as coaches etc go from). I've had a look a few times in the evenings around the parks closing and there's been minimal surge pricing and loads of cars always available.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Unless you're staying at a hotel with a shuttle I'd say driving is pretty much essential I'm afraid.
    some nice hotel 2 bedroom suites at LBV ( lake buena vista ) opposite disney springs ( old downtown disney ) some are disney partner hotels, so while they do not have disney bus's, they have very similar and are more frequent

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I did the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a few years on the trot, and used the disney bus every day, but also used the car most nights for driving to a restaurant, going to the malls, universal or seaworld.

People don't always realise that WDW is the same size as San Francisco, International Drive is eleven miles long so unless you're happy to stay in the hotel the whole time, or have got a restaurant right next door, walking isn't really an option. Get a Villa, and it's even worse, most of them are miles away from disney, I'm talking Cardiff to Newport.
    which is why a hotel or suite always appeals to me more and in with my " disney planning hat " on, is what i recommend

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Officially, The driver is s.posed to pay ( which thay ask you for ) but many CM's at the booths just wave you in

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    As ccfcwelshlad has posted above, if none of you want to drive, then International Drive (or just off I-Drive) is by far the best place to be for you.

SeaWorld & their water park (which I've found to be the best water park in Orlando) are at the bottom of International Drive.

Universal Studios & Universal's Islands of Adventure are at the very top.

In between you have about 3 miles of shops & restaurants, and the "i-trolley" (trolley buses) that go up & down I-Drive every few minutes.

The easier way (imo) is to rent a 5-10 bedroom villa about 15 miles south of Orlando (areas such as Four Corners, Champions Gate, Celebration all have 1000s of villas).

The positives (over a hotel) here are that you have a whole house to yourself, usually a private pool, many have pool tables in their garages etc, and you can shop at the supermarkets (WallMart or Publix) to save on the cost of going to restaurants every night. And you're 15 mins closer to Busch Gardens in Tampa.

The positives of a hotel are their proximity to restaurants & amieneties, and they may have a shuttle bus to the parks.
    The seaworld waterpark is called Aquatica its a personal choice, my fav is Typhoon lagoon

While i dont mind Idrive, i think the better place in the past few years has turned into LBV, idrive seems to have lost the sparkle and just looks run down now

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Uber has got so popular that Disney now just wave them through to access the drop off areas outside each park. Universal has a drop-off area (same place as coaches etc go from). I've had a look a few times in the evenings around the parks closing and there's been minimal surge pricing and loads of cars always available.
    Officially the driver ( then you ) have to pay and people have reported they have had to, it depends on the CM