+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh player stolen

Welsh player stolen

Re: Welsh player stolen

Can't find anything about him having anything to do with wales apart from in 2017. No birth place either.

All his career from academy up was in england.

So it is a weird one.

As Robert Page says this is an issue for the dual nationality players, He has been in academies in England since he was 7. If that's what he want to do then good luck to him.

Good luck to him, but if he was a future England star he wouldn't be playing for Sheffield United at age 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Good luck to him, but if he was a future England star he wouldn't be playing for Sheffield United at age 19.
    Vardy, Delle Ali?

Also 25 cap Kyle Walker who was playing for Sheffield United at 19.

Jagielka, at Sheffield United til 25.

40 England caps.

I'm struggling to think of one England player that wasn't playing for Sheffield United at age 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm struggling to think of one England player that wasn't playing for Sheffield United at age 19.
    Just glad to get him off the wage bill tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Jagielka, at Sheffield United til 25.

40 England caps.
    Championship/Premier League Sheffield United. If he was any good he'd have made his debut by now. He's spending next year on loan at Chesterfield. He clearly doesn't feel Welsh so good luck to him but I wouldn't hold my breath on him becoming the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Just glad to get him off the wage bill tbh.
    Show us the wage bill, Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Championship/Premier League Sheffield United. If he was any good he'd have made his debut by now. He's spending next year on loan at Chesterfield. He clearly doesn't feel Welsh so good luck to him but I wouldn't hold my breath on him becoming the best thing since sliced bread.
    Lardy reckons he's shit-hot.

I notice there are three City players named in the squad. Rhys Abbruzzese, Mark Harris and Cameron Coxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I notice there are three City players named in the squad. Rhys Abbruzzese, Mark Harris and Cameron Coxe.
    F**kin' 'ell, have they been stolen as well?

This, unfortunately, is going to happen with dual qualified players. If he was committed to Wales but has now changed his mind then there are questions to answer and a greater deal of regret over the decision, but if he has always felt English then there is nothing really more to say.

Something to keep an eye on though. England's system has advantages of being much larger and much wealthier and its the Welsh culture that we have to continue to keep red hot in order to make sure those who feel undecided chose our nation over next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Lardy reckons he's shit-hot.
    Could be the next Phil Jagielka and I don't say such things lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Lee Gwan?