Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I'm amazed we haven't signed Jamie Mackie mate. I thought that would be nailed on!

I share your concerns about the squad Bellamy would inherit from Warnock as we all saw what happened with Trollope.

I think if we do go for it this year it will probably be shit or bust again. I we don't get promoted this season i would live to see Bellamy take over and do a rebuilding job similar to what has gone on a Fulham.

I think it's imperative that there are two different goals set by the board this season.

1) For us to challenge immediately for play offs

2) To continue developing a system of play that can somehow be recognised as the Cardiff way in years to come.

I do think that it's possible for this to happen and the latter will only bear fruit in years to come. It will inevitably be difficult and in an ideal world we'd all be singing off the same hymn sheet but we have to find a way that is sustainable if we stay in the championship and that can only be done by developing our own.
Question to ask who in our squad is better than Mackie ,it will come down to the same old thing ,money ,and length of contract,the later being the one that costs you in the end with older players .