Bet for FREE on football and win real cash – bet4F is changing the game
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Tom Cairney

  1. #1

    Tom Cairney

    Lovely footballer this guy.

    Like a young Whitts with more energy and a yard of pace.

    Surprised to read he's 26. He should be playing Premier League next season with or without Fulham,

  2. #2

    Re: Tom Cairney

    He's the best player in the league mate. I remember me and tobw wanting to sign him from Blackburn a few years back.

  3. #3

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He's the best player in the league mate. I remember me and tobw wanting to sign him from Blackburn a few years back.
    I like him. Doesn't give the ball away. Always probing.

    Scott Malone has been so wasteful tonight. Gets in some good positions but not having a good night so far.

  4. #4

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I like him. Doesn't give the ball away. Always probing.

    Scott Malone has been so wasteful tonight. Gets in some good positions but not having a good night so far.
    He is a good player, but once they went 1 down, he gave the ball away more than I've ever seen him do before, pressure seemed to get to him.

  5. #5

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    He is a good player, but once they went 1 down, he gave the ball away more than I've ever seen him do before, pressure seemed to get to him.
    Yeah few sloppy ones in quick succession towards the end but overall he demands the ball even when he's got a man on him. Sign of a good player that.

    That right back is lightening with the ball. If they can work on his end product he could play PL too.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 16-05-17 at 21:22.

  6. #6

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah few sloppy ones in quick succession towards the end but overall he demands the ball even when he's got a man on him. Sign of a good player that.

    That right back is lightening with the ball. If they can work on his end product he's going to be a top player.
    Cairney looked like football was a new game to him for the last 20 minutes . His passing was shocking . Reading did a job on Fulham , good and proper .

  7. #7

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Cairney looked like football was a new game to him for the last 20 minutes . His passing was shocking . Reading did a job on Fulham , good and proper .
    I dunno I think Fulham opened them up quite a few times especially last half hour and wasted chances they've been putting away all season.
    McDonald should have buried his chance.

  8. #8

    Re: Tom Cairney

    He'll be off to one of the promoted clubs in the summer.

  9. #9

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    He'll be off to one of the promoted clubs in the summer.
    I think he's another Earnie, too good for this division, not quite good enough for the next. Won't stop somebody from taking a chance on him.

  10. #10

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I dunno I think Fulham opened them up quite a few times especially last half hour and wasted chances they've been putting away all season.
    McDonald should have buried his chance.
    Yeah and we missed plenty of chances too including an open goal. You could do with being a little less one eyed

  11. #11

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Fulham's midfield looks a perfect balance on paper and, although they don't have a prolific scorer in their ranks, their total number of goals scored (a best in the league eighty five during the regular season), shows that this was never a problem for them, so why have they "failed" this year despite being far and away the best visiting side I saw at Cardiff City Stadium (albeit they had two chances to impress rather than the one everyone else got)?

    I'd say that the fact that they were always confident of outfootballing any opponent may have worked against them because it made them more open than they might have been. In the very entertaining league match here, City really should have been out of sight as they made and missed a host of early chances of a kind that we would never have got against a Brighton or Newcastle and, as good as Kenneth Zohore looked that day, their centrebacks were far from convincing in my book - the fact their number one keeper for most of the season ended it on the bench suggests there were issues in that department as well.

    However, if I had to nominate one reason above all others as to why they will still be a Championship club next season, I'd go for the number of penalties they missed (I believe it was nine in the end) - if they had been as good from the penalty spot as we were, they would probably have made it into the top two.

    Well done to Reading, I wanted to Fulham to win the Play Offs, but, essentially, my attitude towards who I wanted to go up boils down to anyone except Sheffield Wednesday. At least last season they played good, entertaining football while trying to buy their way to promotion, but this time around their Portugese manager has gone for the Mourinho approach as he has used the financial resources, which most other Championship clubs can only dream of, to bring in a string of attacking players and yet still produced a team that bored it's way into the top six - I've no great confidence that Huddersfield can get the better of them tonight, so make sure your lot beat them won't you please Pearcey .
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 17-05-17 at 06:27.

  12. #12

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fulham's midfield looks a perfect balance on paper and, although they don't have a prolific scorer in their ranks, their total number of goals scored (a best in the league eighty five during the regular season), shows that this was never a problem for them, so why have they "failed" this year despite being far and away the best visiting side I saw at Cardiff City Stadium (albeit they had two chances to impress rather than the one everyone else got)?

    I'd say that the fact that they were always confident of outfootballing any opponent may have worked against them because it made them more open than they might have been. In the very entertaining league match here, City really should have been out of sight as they made and missed a host of early chances of a kind that we would never have got against a Brighton or Newcastle and, as good as Kenneth Zohore looked that day, their centrebacks were far from convincing in my book - the fact their number one keeper for most of the season ended it on the bench suggests there were issues in that department as well.

    However, if I had to nominate one reason above all others as to why they will still be a Championship club next season, I'd go for the number of penalties they missed (I believe it was nine in the end) - if they had been as good from the penalty spot as we were, they would probably have made it into the top two.

    Well done to Reading, I wanted to Fulham to win the Play Offs, but, essentially, my attitude towards who I wanted to go up boils down to anyone except Sheffield Wednesday. At least last season they played good, entertaining football while trying to buy their way to promotion, but this time around their Portugese manager has gone for the Mourinho approach as he has used the financial resources, which most other Championship clubs can only dream of, to bring in a string of attacking players and yet still produced a team that bored it's way into the top six - I've no great confidence that Huddersfield can get the better of them tonight, so make sure your lot beat them won't you please Pearcey .
    God I hope so Paul. We have lost three play off finals and also been knocked out twice in the semi finals.At yhe sixth time of asking I hope we can go up

  13. #13

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yeah and we missed plenty of chances too including an open goal. You could do with being a little less one eyed
    Yes you did have your spells last night, to be expected as the home team, but apart from 15 mins in the first half and 15 mins in the 2nd half Fulham outplayed you. Over the two legs they had twice as many chances as you and your keeper was man of the match.

    If theyd brought at least one of their shooting boots theyd been using all season you would have been well beaten.

    I also understand your keeper was player of the season? For the 2nd year running? That doesnt bode well for a promotion to the premier league where the finishing will be far more clinical.

    Shit luck in the final
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 17-05-17 at 07:25.

  14. #14

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes you did have your spells last night, to be expected as the home team, but apart from 15 mins in the first half and 15 mins in the 2nd half Fulham outplayed you. Over the two legs they had twice as many chances as you and your keeper was man of the match.

    If theyd brought at least one of their shooting boots theyd been using all season you would have been well beaten.

    I also understand your keeper was player of the season? For the 2nd year running? That doesnt bode well for a promotion to the premier league where the finishing will be far more clinical.

    Shit luck in the final
    Fulham did not create twice as many chances as us and last night we had more shots on target than they did.We were hanging on at times but for the second time this season Fulham failed to score at our place and went home beaten. Thats nowt to do with luck.
    If we make it to the PL it will be incredibly hard for us but I will worry about that if we get there.

  15. #15

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes you did have your spells last night, to be expected as the home team, but apart from 15 mins in the first half and 15 mins in the 2nd half Fulham outplayed you. Over the two legs they had twice as many chances as you and your keeper was man of the match.

    If theyd brought at least one of their shooting boots theyd been using all season you would have been well beaten.

    I also understand your keeper was player of the season? For the 2nd year running? That doesnt bode well for a promotion to the premier league where the finishing will be far more clinical.

    Shit luck in the final
    This is a link to the Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday game. That was the worst game I've seen all season. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39838350

    It is the playoffs. You don't get prizes for nice football, results matter. If Reading had scored their open goal, they'd have won 2-0. They deserved it and so what if they've got a good keeper? They've got him! Fulham were overhyped and overrated. And re their shooting boots, they didn't bring them in either leg, so they weren't good enough. That's the way it goes.

  16. #16

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    This is a link to the Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday game. That was the worst game I've seen all season. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39838350

    It is the playoffs. You don't get prizes for nice football, results matter. If Reading had scored their open goal, they'd have won 2-0. They deserved it and so what if they've got a good keeper? They've got him! Fulham were overhyped and overrated. And re their shooting boots, they didn't bring them in either leg, so they weren't good enough. That's the way it goes.
    Why do you keep banging on to me about Hudds and Sheff Wed? I couldnt give a shit about either of them I would just prefer them as clubs, for their fans more than anything, to go up rather than Reading.

    I dont like Reading. Cant put my finger on exactly why but they are just one of those football clubs I dont like.

    Thats not a crime is it?!?!

    I wanted Fulham to win the play-offs because A) They play football the way I think it should be played and enjoy watching and B) Of the 4 teams in the play-offs I would have preffered them not to be in the Championship next season. If they keep their manager, and best players, they could be a real contender making it more difficult for City to get into the play-offs.

    Is all that ok with you? Just cos weve got a Reading fan who posts on here it doesnt mean we all have to blow smoke up his arse does it!?!?
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 17-05-17 at 08:30.

  17. #17

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why do you keep banging on to me about Hudds and Sheff Wed? I couldnt give a shit about either of them I would just prefer them as clubs, for their fans more than anything, to go up rather than Reading.

    I dont like Reading. Cant put my finger on exactly why but they are just one of those football clubs I dont like.

    Thats not a crime is it?!?!

    I wanted Fulham to win the play-offs because A) They play football the way I think it should be played and enjoy watching and B) Of the 4 teams in the play-offs I would have preffered them not to be in the Championship next season. If they keep their manager, and best players, they could be a real contender making it more difficult for City to get into the play-offs.

    Is all that ok with you? Just cos weve got a Reading fan who posts on here it doesnt mean we all have to blow smoke up his arse does it!?!?
    No but you slag them off for playing anti-football, and how Sheff Wed and Huddersfield play better football, when in their game the football was a so bad, it just makes you look one-eyed. I don't care either way but your rationale before doesn't make any sense. Now you say you don't really know why, I understand it more, We all have football clubs we don't like for no real reason.

  18. #18

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No but you slag them off for playing anti-football, and how Sheff Wed and Huddersfield play better football, when in their game the football was a so bad, it just makes you look one-eyed. I don't care either way but your rationale before doesn't make any sense. Now you say you don't really know why, I understand it more, We all have football clubs we don't like for no real reason.
    How does it make me look one-eyed I havent even commented on the Sheff Weds / Hudds fixture!?!?!

    If I said Reading were anti-football and I prefer Sheff Weds to go up because they play great football then fair enough but I havent even commented on anyones style except Reading and Fulham.

    My reasons for wanting Sheff Weds or Hudds to go up is basically anyone but Reading. Plus for the fans Reading have been there in recent times, the other two havent.

    TOBW has said he wants anyone but Sheff Weds to go up, I dont see him getting a hard time? Perhaps because we dont have a resident Owl on here.

  19. #19

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How does it make me look one-eyed I havent even commented on the Sheff Weds / Hudds fixture!?!?!

    If I said Reading were anti-football and I prefer Sheff Weds to go up because they play great football then fair enough but I havent even commented on anyones style except Reading and Fulham.

    My reasons for wanting Sheff Weds or Hudds to go up is basically anyone but Reading. Plus for the fans Reading have been there in recent times, the other two havent.

    TOBW has said he wants anyone but Sheff Weds to go up, I dont see him getting a hard time? Perhaps because we dont have a resident Owl on here.
    Ok. I get it you don't like Reading. Thats your business but to say we are anti football is untrue.Now get that I "heart" Pearcey tattoo sorted and apologies for calling you a twat as this was OTT on my part.

  20. #20

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He's the best player in the league mate. I remember me and tobw wanting to sign him from Blackburn a few years back.
    I take it neither of you put in a big enough offer?

  21. #21

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I take it neither of you put in a big enough offer?
    Fee was agreed but we both pulled out by 'mutual consent'

  22. #22

    Re: Tom Cairney

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Fee was agreed but we both pulled out by 'mutual consent'
    Pity your old man didn't.
    “Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •