+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading go to Wembley

Reading go to Wembley

Fancied Fulham ****ed

Re: Reading go to Wembley

To lose hopefully 🤞

Controversial penalty decision is such a cruel way to lose out.

Good for Pearcey and for a club treating away fans right.

Ali Al-Habsi did his bit to win that for Reading...fantastic performance.

Kermorgant avenges his penalty gaffe against us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad3gV-9C1U

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Ali Al-Habsi did his bit to win that for Reading...fantastic performance.
    That and some poor finishing

Fair play to Jaap Stam I expected him to flop when Reading appointed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydogscccfc View Post
    Fair play to Jaap Stam I expected him to flop when Reading appointed him.
    Done well. I don't know how as everytime I've seen then they've been 2nd best even if they've got the result but as mentioned above after 46 games it's not just down to luck.

Fully expected Fulham to go through. Best team I've seen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Done well. I don't know how as everytime I've seen then they've been 2nd best even if they've got the result but as mentioned above after 46 games it's not just down to luck.
    Yeah when they came down here most of their possession was with their back four and they got a break and nicked it at the end I have seen a couple of games they haven't wowed me also but they look really efficient but I hope Huddersfield manage to get past Wed and beat them in the final they have been the best 3rd team in the league.

Just got back. Emotionally drained but dead chuffed. The atmosphere was special

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just got back. Emotionally drained but dead chuffed. The atmosphere was special
    How on earth are Reading in the final? I know you finished third, I know you have beaten Fulham but honestly I just don't get it - you must be a good side.....but I just don't see it. Every time I've seen you (which admittedly is not a lot) you have been bang average. Yet you get results! Looking at other messageboards I'm not alone with this - there are plenty of people out there who well to put it bluntly find your team very boring. Yet the results are there. How Fulham didn't score last night is a mystery but your keeper who often can be flappy had a stormer.
    Congrats on getting to the final - I think I'll put a bet on you as you seem to win when you look second best in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    How on earth are Reading in the final? I know you finished third, I know you have beaten Fulham but honestly I just don't get it - you must be a good side.....but I just don't see it. Every time I've seen you (which admittedly is not a lot) you have been bang average. Yet you get results! Looking at other messageboards I'm not alone with this - there are plenty of people out there who well to put it bluntly find your team very boring. Yet the results are there. How Fulham didn't score last night is a mystery but your keeper who often can be flappy had a stormer.
    Congrats on getting to the final - I think I'll put a bet on you as you seem to win when you look second best in the games.
    Oh dear. You better get the tin hat on fella.

Fulham deserved more, Johansen (Sp) looked good but lacked a final product. They looked better than Reading but I think the winners tonight will be the winners in the Final.

Think Fulham will do well to have a go next season. Surely premier league clubs will be sniffing around their top players like Cairney and that wonderkid. Think their manager will be in high demand too.

How they atleast didn't bring that game to ET last night i'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh dear. You better get the tin hat on fella.
    Can we just all agree that we hate Reading, but they're definitely going to win at Wembley despite being comprehensively outplayed.

That's just it though, they constantly get results. They've got the best form in the division too. Whatever Reading do, they do it well. I was as surprised as you probably will be seeing that but I wasn't that impressed with Sheff Wed and we've done the double over Huddersfield, so they're not exactly Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Can we just all agree that we hate Reading, but they're definitely going to win at Wembley despite being comprehensively outplayed.

Yes but only if we all get "I love Pearcey" tattooed on our arse cheeks as way of apology for ever dare critiscising the mighty Royals!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't hate Reading - how can you hate Reading - They are just nice, bland but nice.
    Waitrose and Sweet Caroline for goodness sake - They may as well run out in tweed jackets holding The Telegraph whilst the fans have cucumber sandwiches at half time

Its an easy away trip that I tend to make as well and you know apart from the parking its going to be a nice easy day out. Used to love Elm Park as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Think Fulham will do well to have a go next season. Surely premier league clubs will be sniffing around their top players like Cairney and that wonderkid. Think their manager will be in high demand too.

How they atleast didn't bring that game to ET last night i'll never know.

I'm not too sure about that. Fulham have been the polar opposite to us since we were both woeful in our relegation season.
    We tried to throw money at it by buying anyone who would come to Cardiff then had to pick up the pieces whilst they have taken a bottom up approach furthering players from the youth set up, and I'm lead to believe they have some really strong talent coming through at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Fancied Fulham ****ed
    Yes shows pretty percentage football can fail ask Fulham ,so hope for us next year :

Possession 60 % v 40%
    Shots 19 v 12
    Passes 370 v 229
    Corners 16 v 3
    All in favour of Fulham , yes I counted everyone using a 5 bar gate system

Hope Huddersfield win the playoffs. Unfancied, and Hudson plays for them

Its fair comment. We have won a lot of games this season very narrowly and without being the better side. When we take the lead in games its now very rare for us to let it slip. When we fall behind we have on occasions fallen apart. I don't think we are boring though. We have scorednot far off 70lesgue goals this season and when we get the passing right and at speed can play some smashing stuff.

However we were not lucky against Fulham. They created very little in the home leg and caused a lot more problems last night. Even then though we had more shots on target.